Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Ideas

Postby syo_astro » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:29 pm

A story of partners! (maybe someone said this already)

How about two partners doing an event, and one is the one who is quiet / hardworking v. the one who is loud / seems like they work hard. Could either lead to a cute resolution or them just medaling and something like revenge after the fact >:).
Past Events
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteorology, Physical Science Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Earth's Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Gravity Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astronomy
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising

WhatScience?
Division: B
State: NJ

Postby WhatScience? » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:34 pm

The dumbest kid in school who got through general tryouts by cheating and now he has to tryout for events and compete.
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Optics, Potions and Poisons, Anatomy and Physiology, and Experimental Design

Snarknado
Division: C
State: WA

Postby Snarknado » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 pm

A person who does nothing during practice, builds really sketchy-looking devices in the hotel room the night before the competition, but still manages to beat and humiliate his/her far better prepared competitors.
Raisbeck Aviation High School Wiki
Mission Possible Experimental Design Optics Towers Write-It Do-It
"All we can do now is pray to Hot Glue Cthulu"

Unome
State: GA

Postby Unome » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:26 am

Snarknado wrote:really sketchy-looking devices

s/o to RoboMarth
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School

2018 Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Materials Science, Microbe Mission, Remote Sensing

raxu
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Postby raxu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:15 am

Unome wrote:
Snarknado wrote:really sketchy-looking devices

s/o to RoboMarth

Well robot arm is now one of my favorite events.

Our first meeting and tryouts will be happening in a week, at which point I should be able to offer many ideas :D
Richard A. Xu
Events involved 17/18: Astro, Chem, Fermi, Game, Mat Sci, Optics, Thermo.

SciolyMaster
Division: B
State: MO

Postby SciolyMaster » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:55 am

Once in Bottle Rockets a couple years back there was one guy who pulled too hard on the launch trigger, tilting the launcher sideways right as the rocket was launching... It went straight horizontally into a nearby tree, and, well let's just say that they never managed to find the egg that was inside.

knottingpurple
State: -

Postby knottingpurple » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:59 pm

I made a whole list of my personal scioly anecdotes at one point! Idk if any of them would lead to full stories but glancing over it, some of my favorites are:
-we once went to the wrong campus for Regionals (we still got to the right place on time, but like...)
-my partner and I lent a calculator to somebody from another team and then the test didn't need a calculator
-there was a map my partner and I left off of our notes sheet for States so we proceeded to try to draw it by hand
-we shared a bus to Regionals with the other school from our town (our scioly rivals basically) so the captains' email to hype us up for competition also had to specifically ban fighting with them on the bus
-we played mafia after regionals and tried to make the deaths science themed, so whythelongface was killed by 10 M HCl
"She was determined to drop his acquaintance immediately, and she was very thankful that she had never been acquainted with him at all... she hated him so much that she was resolved never to mention his name again, and she should tell everybody she saw, how good-for-nothing he was."

whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Postby whythelongface » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 am

I calculated the pH of 10M HCl and it was ~-1... instant death, I'm afraid.
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?
West Windsor Plainsboro High School South '18

Return to “General Chat”