syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2017

Post by syo_astro »

columbiascioly wrote:Hey!

I submitted a Microbe Mission test originally on July 27. I did not receive a response, so I sent a reminder a week later. I still have not received a response. I checked again, and I believe I am sending it to the correct email ([email protected]). It is marked as sent, and I have nothing in my spam folder.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm not sure what the problem is and I would appreciate some help.

Thank you for your time!
Hey back!

Thank YOU for reminding, and I am very lucky to finally catch a breath. Sorry about being busy, no excuse, but I double checked our records.

For some reason, nobody noted your submit, and I indeed confirm we received your email. I am going to remind the mod ASAP, sorry for the delay, and it was not your fault at all!
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Post by whythelongface »

Have submissions ended yet? If not, when is the deadline?
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South/Grover for winning 2nd/1st place at NJ States!
daydreamer0023

Post by daydreamer0023 »

whythelongface wrote:Have submissions ended yet? If not, when is the deadline?
Here is what was posted earlier:
mnstrviola wrote:Hey everyone!

The deadline for submitting new and revised submissions is August 18. If the submission still needs work after that, we'll try our best to accommodate, but it will depend on the SSSS staff member's availability. So you should submit by next Friday to be guaranteed a response.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

Enloe '19 || UNC Chapel Hill '23

See resources I helped create here!
foreverphysics
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Post by foreverphysics »

Submissions are officially closed!
Thank you every for participating; we'll get the last of the tests done and then I'll make a closing statement.

Once again, thank you for your participation!
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
columbiascioly
Been thanked: 0

Post by columbiascioly »

syo_astro wrote:

I submitted a Microbe Mission test originally on July 27. I did not receive a response, so I sent a reminder a week later. I still have not received a response. I checked again, and I believe I am sending it to the correct email ([email protected]). It is marked as sent, and I have nothing in my spam folder.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm not sure what the problem is and I would appreciate some help.

Thank you for your time!
Hey back!

Thank YOU for reminding, and I am very lucky to finally catch a breath. Sorry about being busy, no excuse, but I double checked our records.

For some reason, nobody noted your submit, and I indeed confirm we received your email. I am going to remind the mod ASAP, sorry for the delay, and it was not your fault at all!
Hi again! So sorry to bother yet again. I know submissions closed last Friday, and everyone is working to get all the resources perfected. I still have not heard anything from a mod regarding the microbe mission test I submitted in July.

Can anyone give me an estimate on when I should be expecting to hear back by? Or is it just too late for this year? Maybe my computer is swallowing any reply? If there's anything I can do to make this whole process easier, please let me know.

Thank you so much for putting this all together! I really appreciate the time and effort everyone puts into making this run smoothly, and I hope I'm still able to participate in SSSS again this year.
Entomology
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Entomology »

columbiascioly wrote:
syo_astro wrote:

Thank you for your time!
Hey back!

Hi again! So sorry to bother yet again. I know submissions closed last Friday, and everyone is working to get all the resources perfected. I still have not heard anything from a mod regarding the microbe mission test I submitted in July.

Can anyone give me an estimate on when I should be expecting to hear back by? Or is it just too late for this year? Maybe my computer is swallowing any reply? If there's anything I can do to make this whole process easier, please let me know.

Thank you so much for putting this all together! I really appreciate the time and effort everyone puts into making this run smoothly, and I hope I'm still able to participate in SSSS again this year.
Hello,

Sincere apologies that the moderator in charge of Microbe Mission didn't look at your test in a timely manner. We're trying our best to wrap up with the last couple of submissions and will get back to you ASAP! Sorry again for the tardiness of our replies--it's no excuse, but with school and college starting again, some of us have been swamped in work. We'll make sure that your materials are reviewed soon. Thanks for your patience!
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

columbiascioly wrote: Can anyone give me an estimate on when I should be expecting to hear back by?
It was not too late (and still is not quite too late for others to finish polishing up their submits). I decided to just finish up microbes myself. My/our fault, so I figure I should at least give them their shots. In fact when you heard back by should have been last night.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

And so, with the wrapping up of the last of the tests and with putting everything together in a folder to be uploaded, this year of SSSS is closed for the year.

Thanks to everyone who participated. We can now say officially, as of this year, SSSS has generated over a hundred resources for the wiki and test exchange!
That's absolutely massive.

A round of applause to mnstrviola for being the best partner ever, as always. And let's hear it for syo_astro too, for being the resident astro master and doing some finicky logistics.

Special thanks to:
daydreamer0023
Entomology
foreverphysics
kenniky
markuswso17
mnstrviola
pikachu4919
Raleway
Skink

That's it for now, folks. Stay tuned for next year!
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

So whatever happened to the tests?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Unome wrote:So whatever happened to the tests?
Bernard needs to upload them.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “SSSS & SEC”