Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2017

Post by bernard »

Random Human wrote:
Random Human wrote:I think it would be beneficial if unapproved submissions were released. That way obviously the people with access to the SSSS would have more material... and also, if the owner of the unapproved submission doesn't continue to work to improve it... someone can pick off where he/she left off so we could have extra tests. Even while people are working to improve their submission, I don't think it would hurt to upload what they have so far... it benefits the community as a whole.

Please consider,
Random Human
Bernard did you see this?
Yes. I do the backend but how SSSS is run is up to foreverphysics, mnstrviola, and whomever else they appoint.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
sciolynerd30
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sciolynerd30 »

Out of all the notes and tests submitted and approved by SSSS, about how many are requested not to be released to the public?
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by JasperKota »

sciolynerd30 wrote:Out of all the notes and tests submitted and approved by SSSS, about how many are requested not to be released to the public?
I asked forever this question a while ago on the IRC, I think she said it's something like 1/4 or 1/5.
2020 Events: Fossils, Gravity Vehicle, Wright Stuff, Ping Pong Parachute
2019 Events: Fossils, Mousetrap Vehicle, Wright Stuff
2018 Events: Helicopters, Mousetrap Vehicle, Parasitology, WIDI
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Wright Stuff
2016 Events: Crave the Wave, Dynamic Planet, Invasives
sciolynerd30

Post by sciolynerd30 »

JasperKota wrote:
sciolynerd30 wrote:Out of all the notes and tests submitted and approved by SSSS, about how many are requested not to be released to the public?
I asked forever this question a while ago on the IRC, I think she said it's something like 1/4 or 1/5.
Ohh okay, thank you.
Random Human

Post by Random Human »

mnstrviola and foreverphysics...
just in case you didn't get the suggestion...

I think it would be beneficial if unapproved submissions were released. That way obviously the people with access to the SSSS would have more material... and also, if the owner of the unapproved submission doesn't continue to work to improve it... someone can pick off where he/she left off so we could have extra tests. Even while people are working to improve their submission, I don't think it would hurt to upload what they have so far... it benefits the community as a whole.

Sorry for bothering,
Random Human
Random Human - Proud (former) Science Olympian. 2015-2017
Writer of Doers
Dynamic Planet
Breaker of Towers: 16-17 Season Peak Score - 3220
Len Joeris all the way. Remember Len.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Random Human wrote:mnstrviola and foreverphysics...
just in case you didn't get the suggestion...

I think it would be beneficial if unapproved submissions were released. That way obviously the people with access to the SSSS would have more material... and also, if the owner of the unapproved submission doesn't continue to work to improve it... someone can pick off where he/she left off so we could have extra tests. Even while people are working to improve their submission, I don't think it would hurt to upload what they have so far... it benefits the community as a whole.

Sorry for bothering,
Random Human
You should email the SSSS address or PM one of them, they probably don't check this quite as often.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
IvySpear
State: NC

Post by IvySpear »

About 2 weeks back, I sent the revised version of a test I was trying to submit. Up until now, I have not received a single response, even when I sent out two reminders. All I asked for was for the mod to confirm that they had indeed received my revised test. Sending a third reminder is a bit excessive, so what should be my next course of action?
Self-actualization is an irony, for when you achieve it, you realize you have not achieved it.
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

IvySpear wrote:About 2 weeks back, I sent the revised version of a test I was trying to submit. Up until now, I have not received a single response, even when I sent out two reminders. All I asked for was for the mod to confirm that they had indeed received my revised test. Sending a third reminder is a bit excessive, so what should be my next course of action?

We have not received any emails from you since your initial submission. I'm not sure if it's a glitch in communication or if perhaps the email was typed incorrectly, but there isn't any record of you in the emails since your initial submission.

Please make sure you submitted it correctly and typed the email correctly.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
IvySpear
State: NC

Post by IvySpear »

I sent it only to my mod, I'll resend it [email protected] again then.
Self-actualization is an irony, for when you achieve it, you realize you have not achieved it.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

IvySpear wrote:I sent it only to my mod, I'll resend it [email protected] again then.
foreverphysics wrote:When responding to an email, please click REPLY TO ALL. Failure to do so may cause confusion and delays in processing your submission.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “SSSS & SEC”