Those moments you will never forget!

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
scioly2345
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Those moments you will never forget!

Post by scioly2345 »

-when you ran all the way across wright state campus for towers (which i was already late to) and forgot goggles and didnt realize until i was putting the meter stick down the middle of the tower.
-somehow pulling a 5th in WIDI at wright state?
-singing extremely loud in invasives at states 2017 because the test was a lot of IDs
-running around a hs looking for a write it do it, which i passed like 4 times b4 finding it
2016-2019 Brother Joseph Fox Latin School
2020-2022 Kellenberg Memorial High School
2022 events - Bridge, Write It Do It, Wright Stuff
God Bless and Rest In Peace Len Joeris (Balsa Man)
“for the betterment of science”
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by TheChiScientist »

:? The moment when the forensics team returns from forensics with burn marks on the forensics box and when you ask them what happened they same they burned the box.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
jimmy-bond
State: OH

Post by jimmy-bond »

At one of the invitationals, my school had multiple teams. I was testing for Dynamic when one of my friends on a different team coughed extremely loudly so the entire room could hear. After this, his partner yelled out, "BLESS YOU" while being right next to him. Finally, the person who originally coughed yelled back, "THANK YOU" and went back to testing.

At the same competition, another friend was taking his test when the team next to him whispered loudly, "That's OBVIOUSLY the Mexican plate." A few minutes later, the same team said, "Isn't that plate made of shale?"
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)
thecatgod
State: NY

Post by thecatgod »

During States last year, there were only four boys on our team so we all had to share a room. I stood up a bit later studying for optics and look at my partner to see his eyes open but he's asleep. I was about to call 911. His eyes flew in the dark when we turned the lights of and didn't stop watching me until he woke up.
Medal Count 2018: 20
Rustin/Garnet/Islip/Cornell/Regionals/States
Hovercraft:3/4/4/1/1/1
Thermo:16/6/1/3/1/5
Quiz Bowl:4/-/2/-/-/-/
Optics:11/7/-/-/-/1
Experimental:-/-/-/23/2/5
Road Scholar:-/-/-/-/2/2
Fast Facts:-/-/-/6/-/-/
TheChiScientist

:o :o That moment when you find the schools Nuke bunker and it's super creepy
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
TheCowboyandhisArk
State: MI

Post by TheCowboyandhisArk »

It's Between our coach forgetting to put the labels in the box for bottle rockets (We asked him about labels and said, Oh yeah ill get 'em" and my friend running a 5K around campus to retrieve Labels,
Or the launcher at states not launching our best rocket....
Science Olympian From Grand Haven Since 2015
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c1g ... MojTg/edit
2020 Events (R/S/N)
Astronomy:
Dynamic
Fossils
Geologic
Ping Pong Para
Sounds of music
Wright stuff
13superfan13

Post by 13superfan13 »

MI state competition 2017, Invasive Species - needing to write on trees while running around with a huge binder to the different outdoor stations (it was freezing cold and very windy outside too - not fun, but funny).

That moment when you compete in an event, but tie with those who didn't because you and your partner never got along all season.

When you find out that someone on the team is lactose intolerant after they had a huge ice cream cone the night before state in the hotel.

When you're too loud in the hotel and you get a call from the lobby telling you to shut up.
TheChiScientist

That moment when you are doing Geocaching in the pouring rain and ask the ES if a Smartphone counts as a GPS and they say yes :lol:
*later that day* At the award ceremony getting 2nd place for Geocaching and your partner almost faints 8-)
13superfan13

Post by 13superfan13 »

Forensics practice 2018: The question on the practice test was "what type of fiber is wool". My partner wrote vegetable.

Forensics invitational competition 2017: The question asked what the reasoning for something was, it was a general knowledge question, and we had absolutely no idea what the answer. My partner wrote "SCIENCE" really fancy and put a fancy box around it. For whatever reason they didn't accept that answer.

Thermodynamics invitational competition 2018: My partner was flipping through the binder really quickly, and ripped a page right out of the binder and released it to go flying right in my face. Thankfully we caught it before it hit the floor, and got it back in our binder before the event supervisor noticed.
13superfan13

Post by 13superfan13 »

Regionals 2018: Herpetology was spelled wrong outside the event room, it wouldn't be a problem except it's regionals, and it goes through way too many people (it was spelled HerpAtology by the way):
Someone had to type herpatology (twice - it was on 2 different signs), they had to proof read it, and have someone else proof read it and double check that it's okay. Someone had to print it, someone had to get it off the printer, and someone had to put it up. The saddest part of all of this is the fact that they spelled it correctly for Division B.

Return to “General Chat”