Post by jaah5211 »

The Mod positions have been released.
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2018

Post by TheChiScientist »

jaah5211 wrote:The Mod positions have been released.
Um, where? :?
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by dxu46 »

TheChiScientist wrote:
jaah5211 wrote:The Mod positions have been released.
Um, where? :?
Not public, probably, looking at previous years'.
drcubbin
Division: B
State: NY

Post by drcubbin »

A. I didn't see this asked, but understanding that notes need to be created by the writer, does this exclude material that is cut/pasted into a document? B. Do you accept "cheat sheets" as well as notes?
JionPark
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JionPark »

drcubbin wrote:A. I didn't see this asked, but understanding that notes need to be created by the writer, does this exclude material that is cut/pasted into a document? B. Do you accept "cheat sheets" as well as notes?
A. I'm really having a hard understanding with your first question. However, I don't think excluding your material is necessary. Your materials could help others enhance their knowledge towards that certain event. You could be right about the materials, I'm not the leader of SSSS, and I don't how the SSSS leader will manage your material question. Other than that, I don't know what you mean by 'exclude material'.

B. Cheat sheets and notes are technically the same. Notes and cheat sheets will require relevant information, relating to the rules for 2019. (You probably can identify the next year's topic of your event) I'm pretty sure foreverphysics said that you may be allowed to submit notes to [email protected].
foreverphysics wrote:You may submit notes for an event scheduled for 2019. The notes must be similarly extensive and at least 7,000 words long.
Hopefully I've answered both of your question. If not, you could ask other Science Olympians who would be willing to answer your questions. Good Luck in SSSS! and have a good summer! :)
drcubbin

Post by drcubbin »

JionPark wrote:
drcubbin wrote:A. I didn't see this asked, but understanding that notes need to be created by the writer, does this exclude material that is cut/pasted into a document? B. Do you accept "cheat sheets" as well as notes?
A. I'm really having a hard understanding with your first question. However, I don't think excluding your material is necessary. Your materials could help others enhance their knowledge towards that certain event. You could be right about the materials, I'm not the leader of SSSS, and I don't how the SSSS leader will manage your material question. Other than that, I don't know what you mean by 'exclude material'.

B. Cheat sheets and notes are technically the same. Notes and cheat sheets will require relevant information, relating to the rules for 2019. (You probably can identify the next year's topic of your event) I'm pretty sure foreverphysics said that you may be allowed to submit notes to [email protected].
foreverphysics wrote:You may submit notes for an event scheduled for 2019. The notes must be similarly extensive and at least 7,000 words long.
Hopefully I've answered both of your question. If not, you could ask other Science Olympians who would be willing to answer your questions. Good Luck in SSSS! and have a good summer! :)
Thanks! For question A, I meant "include", not "exclude". I must be in weekend mode already :) I wasn't sure exactly how "original" the notes needed to be, so would cut/pasted key ideas with original supporting documentation be permitted? And yes, you have answered my questions. Thanks again. We get right on these! Enjoy your summer as well :D :D :D
JionPark
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JionPark »

I think including materials to your notes will be allowed with the use of cutting/pasting. :)
drcubbin

Post by drcubbin »

JionPark wrote:I think including materials to your notes will be allowed with the use of cutting/pasting. :)
Will do! Thanks
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by syo_astro »

You can include work (text, images, etc) from your cheat sheets if you want. But make sure the notes aren't all copy / paste (can happen if you're working off cheatsheets) and that your event partner is alright with that (not a requirement, saying just in case). I think the issue here is "what seems like too much copying" has to be handled person by person when seeing the submission. Look forward to seeing it!
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
drcubbin

Post by drcubbin »

Got it! Thanks Syo ;)

Return to “SSSS & SEC”