Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
JionPark
Member
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 11:03 am
Division: C
State: IL

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby JionPark » April 14th, 2019, 2:19 pm

cbrant554 wrote:
dxu46 wrote:Predictions:

Division B:
Anatomy (topics?)
Division C:
Anatomy (topics?)

The topics for both B and C are Integumentary , skeletal, and muscules.


How do you know that these are the topics for Anatomy and Physiology?

Here
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: February 20th, 2019, 6:38 am
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby Here » April 14th, 2019, 2:28 pm

JionPark wrote:
cbrant554 wrote:
dxu46 wrote:Predictions:

Division B:
Anatomy (topics?)
Division C:
Anatomy (topics?)

The topics for both B and C are Integumentary , skeletal, and muscules.


How do you know that these are the topics for Anatomy and Physiology?

The anatomy topics are on a 4-year rotation which started in 2016, meaning the topics for next season will be the same as in 2016
Kellenberg Memorial HS
2018-19 events: Anatomy, Herp, Experimental
possible 2020 events? Anatomy, Experimental, Ornithology, WIDI

JionPark
Member
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 11:03 am
Division: C
State: IL

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby JionPark » April 14th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Does anyone know when any of the regional competitions release their schedule for the events?
(Just so that you wouldn't have to worry about doing two events at the same time)

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1461
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 7:42 am
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » April 14th, 2019, 3:21 pm

JionPark wrote:Does anyone know when any of the regional competitions release their schedule for the events?
(Just so that you wouldn't have to worry about doing two events at the same time)

That very much depends on your region. The nationals schedule comes out with the rules though, and hopefully the regionals schedule you get is similar.

cbrant554
Member
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: April 21st, 2018, 11:57 am
Division: B
State: IN

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby cbrant554 » April 14th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Here wrote:
JionPark wrote:
cbrant554 wrote:The topics for both B and C are Integumentary , skeletal, and muscules.


How do you know that these are the topics for Anatomy and Physiology?

The anatomy topics are on a 4-year rotation which started in 2016, meaning the topics for next season will be the same as in 2016

If you want to know the rotation there are here: https://www.soinc.org/sites/default/fil ... ERVIEW.pdf

JionPark
Member
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 11:03 am
Division: C
State: IL

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby JionPark » April 14th, 2019, 7:37 pm

When was saltwater a topic in which years for Water Quality? I checked through the 2012, 2013, and 2014 rule manuals for water quality, and I haven't found anything related about saltwater.
Are there any other years that go over saltwater?

reverse
Member
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: May 9th, 2018, 5:20 pm
Division: C
State: WA

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby reverse » April 14th, 2019, 8:23 pm

According to the 2019 webinar, the topic for Astronomy next year is going to be galaxies again since galaxies require background knowledge of all other subjects in astronomy. I don't know if they're going to go through with this though, any ideas?
Evergreen 2015 - 2018 Tesla Stem HS 2018 - 2022
Placings
2017-18:
Comps: Regional/State/Nats
Meteorology: 1/6/3
Solar Sys: 2/1/13
Rocks: 2/1/7
WS: 3/9/48 ( :cry: )

User avatar
Adi1008
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 444
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 1:56 pm
Division: Grad
State: TX
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby Adi1008 » April 14th, 2019, 8:37 pm

reverse wrote:According to the 2019 webinar, the topic for Astronomy next year is going to be galaxies again since galaxies require background knowledge of all other subjects in astronomy. I don't know if they're going to go through with this though, any ideas?

It will almost certainly be galaxies again.
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
State: NY
Location: somewhere in between R.C. Murphy JHS and Ward Melville HS, i guess

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby kate! » April 14th, 2019, 8:39 pm

JionPark wrote:When was saltwater a topic in which years for Water Quality? I checked through the 2012, 2013, and 2014 rule manuals for water quality, and I haven't found anything related about saltwater.
Are there any other years that go over saltwater?

Isn't it estuaries or marine or whatever? Those are saltwater.
Last year I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Now I know stuff about amphibians, reptiles, water, and more experiments, yay again!

JionPark
Member
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 11:03 am
Division: C
State: IL

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby JionPark » April 14th, 2019, 8:43 pm

kate! wrote:
JionPark wrote:When was saltwater a topic in which years for Water Quality? I checked through the 2012, 2013, and 2014 rule manuals for water quality, and I haven't found anything related about saltwater.
Are there any other years that go over saltwater?

Isn't it estuaries or marine or whatever? Those are saltwater.


Wait, what do you mean?

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
State: NY
Location: somewhere in between R.C. Murphy JHS and Ward Melville HS, i guess

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby kate! » April 15th, 2019, 5:36 am

JionPark wrote:
kate! wrote:
JionPark wrote:When was saltwater a topic in which years for Water Quality? I checked through the 2012, 2013, and 2014 rule manuals for water quality, and I haven't found anything related about saltwater.
Are there any other years that go over saltwater?

Isn't it estuaries or marine or whatever? Those are saltwater.


Wait, what do you mean?

The topic used to be estuary/marine/something similar in 2012/2013, and those are saltwater ecosystems
Last year I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Now I know stuff about amphibians, reptiles, water, and more experiments, yay again!

dish123
Member
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby dish123 » April 15th, 2019, 6:13 pm

Can we have a full list of next years predicted topics for Division B and a description for ones that are changing?

User avatar
Crimesolver
Member
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: July 31st, 2018, 2:07 pm
Division: B
State: CA

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby Crimesolver » April 15th, 2019, 6:15 pm

dish123 wrote:Can we have a full list of next years predicted topics for Division B and a description for ones that are changing?

https://www.soinc.org/sites/default/fil ... 040319.pdf
Current Events
R/S
Crime Busters 3rd/14th
Thermodynamics 4th/10th
Circuit Lab 4th/9th
Potions and Poisons 5th/3rd
Battery Buggy what a failure/7th

Keep on going :!:

dish123
Member
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby dish123 » April 15th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Rank the science olympiad topics in division b this year from easiest to hardest..your team/personal opinion?

dish123
Member
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby dish123 » April 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Crimesolver wrote:
dish123 wrote:Can we have a full list of next years predicted topics for Division B and a description for ones that are changing?

https://www.soinc.org/sites/default/fil ... 040319.pdf

this is next years events? I just see a schedule for pheonix in 2019?


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests