Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
Crimesolver
Division: B
State: CA

Re: Science Olympiad Events 2019-2020

Postby Crimesolver » April 15th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Can we have a full list of next years predicted topics for Division B and a description for ones that are changing?
https://www.soinc.org/sites/default/fil ... 040319.pdf
this is next years events? I just see a schedule for pheonix in 2019?
this is the schedule for the science olympiad summer institution thing in Phoenix, where they review the events for next year and stuff. So the events listed on the schedule are the events that are most likely gonna happen next year.
Nothing for now...
Keep on going :!:

dish123

Postby dish123 » April 15th, 2019, 6:38 pm

this is the schedule for the science olympiad summer institution thing in Phoenix, where they review the events for next year and stuff. So the events listed on the schedule are the events that are most likely gonna happen next year.
That makes much more sense, thank you

builderguy135
State: NJ

Postby builderguy135 » April 15th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Rank the science olympiad topics in division b this year from easiest to hardest..your team/personal opinion?
All of the events are "equally" hard to medal in but the one that takes the most work to be consistent would probably be the flying event, balsa event, ID events, and probably like anat.
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain ;)
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/dmahscio/
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019!
Roller Coaster National Champion '19
ELG - 2nd, '19
Mystery Architecture - 3rd, '19
Road Scholar - 4th, '19
Battery Buggy - 4th, '19

TheCrazyChemist
Division: C
State: CT

Postby TheCrazyChemist » April 15th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Rank the science olympiad topics in division b this year from easiest to hardest..your team/personal opinion?
This is just a personal opinion but I think that Circuit Lab is really hard. Or maybe that's just me. I honestly can't understand any circuitry. The maximum I can do is kind of combine circuits and apply Ohm's Law, but even that's hard for me to do.
BMS 19' SHS 23'
TheCrazyChemist's Userpage
Failed Co-Sassy of Scioly Assassination 138: Tanks and Turrets.

pb5754[]

Postby pb5754[] » April 15th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Can we have a full list of next years predicted topics for Division B and a description for ones that are changing?
The schedule contains all of the events that will be run across both divisions next year on the right hand side
This is just a personal opinion but I think that Circuit Lab is really hard. Or maybe that's just me. I honestly can't understand any circuitry. The maximum I can do is kind of combine circuits and apply Ohm's Law, but even that's hard for me to do.
This should probably be moved to a different forum.

Rossyspsce

Postby Rossyspsce » April 15th, 2019, 8:01 pm

All of the events are "equally" hard to medal in but the one that takes the most work to be consistent would probably be the flying event, balsa event, ID events, and probably like anat.
I would sat flight and balsa events, bc of their extreme fragility, then any lab event bc most middle schoolers have not taken chem. ID events depend completely upon the test, as many fail to actually have more than a couple questions that aren't just surface level. Personally I think of anatomy as a one page ID event

builderguy135

Postby builderguy135 » April 15th, 2019, 9:24 pm

I would sat flight and balsa events, bc of their extreme fragility, then any lab event bc most middle schoolers have not taken chem. ID events depend completely upon the test, as many fail to actually have more than a couple questions that aren't just surface level. Personally I think of anatomy as a one page ID event
I think of flight events as extremely easy to place locally but extremely hard to place nationally. Most invies have relatively few planes that "work". However, at nationals, many teams are already asking help from professionals to coach them.

There aren't many professionals near NJ :(
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain ;)
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/dmahscio/
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019!
Roller Coaster National Champion '19
ELG - 2nd, '19
Mystery Architecture - 3rd, '19
Road Scholar - 4th, '19
Battery Buggy - 4th, '19

Rossyspsce

Postby Rossyspsce » April 15th, 2019, 10:46 pm

I think of flight events as extremely easy to place locally but extremely hard to place nationally. Most invies have relatively few planes that "work". However, at nationals, many teams are already asking help from professionals to coach them.

There aren't many professionals near NJ :(
I just rely on online resources. Though the varsity team at my school does have a professional coach, but they refuse to let me talk to them

LIPX3

Postby LIPX3 » April 16th, 2019, 9:02 am

It's the SOSI schedule in which next years events are listed.

Rossyspsce

Postby Rossyspsce » April 16th, 2019, 9:24 am

It's the SOSI schedule in which next years events are listed.
is there a possible way to appeal that an event not be run, like if a lot of people do not want it?

Return to “General Competition”