Unosmium Results and the SciolyFF

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
PioBoy
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unosmium Results and the SciolyFF

Post by PioBoy »

Michigan State 2019:

I’m not totally sure I got the LP stuff right....

Div C

Div B

Couple of things:

In Mobile form, when on full results, when scrolling down, the events move with it. The events are in white font color, so you can’t actually see them on the white background

I saw the upcoming on the website? What is that all about? Just invites that will post their results on your website or something else?

It could be really cool if Unosmium was like the place with invitationals info-like size,teams, location, all those juicy details. That would be awesome! I know my team experienced a little difficulty when looking for invites

I think this site is a great idea and I love it! It’s really fun to use! Thanks for making this @RoboMarth!
RoboMarth
Division: Grad
State: OH

Post by RoboMarth »

PioBoy wrote:Michigan State 2019:

I’m not totally sure I got the LP stuff right....

Div C

Div B
So for Michigan, the LP system effectively shifts the number of competing teams so that for example in Div B., a score of 51 in an event corresponds to a NS (instead of 61), and then it can ambiguous whether a score of 50 corresponds to a PO or a LP. Currently, we can operate under the assumption that if there was a team that scored 49 in that event, the 50s will be LPs, otherwise (so only in Fermi Questions in this case), they would be POs. I've fixed this in the Div B. spreadsheet -- could you fix this for Div C.? (There were also some minor things with school and event name formatting that I fixed as well.)
PioBoy wrote:Couple of things:

In Mobile form, when on full results, when scrolling down, the events move with it. The events are in white font color, so you can’t actually see them on the white background
Hmm, this is strange. The original dark background you see when scrolled at the top should be also move with the event names as you scroll down so that they are always visible. Could you give me the name of the browser you are using? This might be fixed by switching to a different browser.
PioBoy wrote:I saw the upcoming on the website? What is that all about? Just invites that will post their results on your website or something else?
So mainly that is there because I was trying to imitate the page at http://hsquizbowl.org/db/. At this point, it is just the invites that I'm personally committed to posting results for, but whether or not they will make Unosmium Results their official results source is still up in the air for now.
PioBoy wrote:It could be really cool if Unosmium was like the place with invitationals info-like size,teams, location, all those juicy details. That would be awesome! I know my team experienced a little difficulty when looking for invites
I think finding and hosting information about the majority of upcoming tournaments (to the extent that it would be become "the place") is beyond the administrative scope of Unosmium for now, as it would require much coordination between many tournament directors from all over the country. Of course, just having past results does help in indicating perhaps the level of competition one can expect at a particular invite, which I think is the more appropriate role for Unsomium Results at this time. If looking for invites, I've found that the state websites are the best places to search. For instance, Ohio lists information for all its invitationals here. (It may be a good idea as a separate project to make a web scraper that could compile all the invitational information from these sites...)
PioBoy wrote:I think this site is a great idea and I love it! It’s really fun to use! Thanks for making this @RoboMarth!
Welcome!
PioBoy

Post by PioBoy »

RoboMarth wrote: So for Michigan, the LP system effectively shifts the number of competing teams so that for example in Div B., a score of 51 in an event corresponds to a NS (instead of 61), and then it can ambiguous whether a score of 50 corresponds to a PO or a LP. Currently, we can operate under the assumption that if there was a team that scored 49 in that event, the 50s will be LPs, otherwise (so only in Fermi Questions in this case), they would be POs. I've fixed this in the Div B. spreadsheet -- could you fix this for Div C.? (There were also some minor things with school and event name formatting that I fixed as well.)

Corrected that for Div C, realized I skipped over part of the directions.
RoboMarth wrote: Hmm, this is strange. The original dark background you see when scrolled at the top should be also move with the event names as you scroll down so that they are always visible. Could you give me the name of the browser you are using? This might be fixed by switching to a different browser.
Google Chrome on Apple iPhone - Both fully updated
RoboMarth wrote: If looking for invites, I've found that the state websites are the best places to search. For instance, Ohio lists information for all its invitationals here. (It may be a good idea as a separate project to make a web scraper that could compile all the invitational information from these sites...)
Yeah, that's what we were doing
pepperonipi
State: FL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pepperonipi »

PioBoy wrote: In Mobile form, when on full results, when scrolling down, the events move with it. The events are in white font color, so you can’t actually see them on the white background
This is happening for me, too, and I'm using Safari v12 on a laptop.
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
RoboMarth

Post by RoboMarth »

pepperonipi wrote:
PioBoy wrote: In Mobile form, when on full results, when scrolling down, the events move with it. The events are in white font color, so you can’t actually see them on the white background
I think this is fixed now, but I don't have access to a iOS / macOS device to test. Could you (@pepperonipi and @PioBoy) test this for me?
PioBoy

Post by PioBoy »

RoboMarth wrote:
pepperonipi wrote:
I think this is fixed now, but I don't have access to a iOS / macOS device to test. Could you (@pepperonipi and @PioBoy) test this for me?
Works for me!
pepperonipi
State: FL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pepperonipi »

PioBoy wrote:
RoboMarth wrote:
pepperonipi wrote:
Works for me!
Appears to be fixed for me, too.
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
hmmm
State: NJ

Post by hmmm »

sciolyperson1 wrote:Some comps (nj states and regs) have pdfs, which could possibly be converted into a spreadsheet format, but would take too much effort (im lazy -__-),
*cough* online pdf to csv converters *cough*
Community 2017-2019
WWP North 2019-2023
Wiki Userpage
hmmm
State: NJ

Post by hmmm »

2010 nats:
div b:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1128595786
div c:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1148839904

minor nitpick: the name of step 1 in the google sheets is misspelled
also, does this automatically interpret placements greater than the # of teams as no show/dq?
Community 2017-2019
WWP North 2019-2023
Wiki Userpage
RoboMarth

Post by RoboMarth »

hmmm wrote:2010 nats:
div b:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1128595786
div c:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1148839904

minor nitpick: the name of step 1 in the google sheets is misspelled
also, does this automatically interpret placements greater than the # of teams as no show/dq?
Thanks! Typo has been fixed, not sure how I didn't notice before...

The placings sheet will highlight any out-of-range placings in red, but NSs and DQs have to be corrected manually. If stuff isn't being highlighted, you can usually correct this by using paint formatting from one of empty cells in the placings sheet. (Use paste values-only to avoid overriding the conditional formatting in the future.)

Edit 2019-07-12 Results have been added:
https://unosmium.org/results/2010-05-22_nationals_b
https://unosmium.org/results/2010-05-22_nationals_c
Last edited by RoboMarth on July 12th, 2019, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Competition”