April Fool's Day!

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby fmtiger124 » April 1st, 2010, 11:52 am

Despite the fact that DS was apparently too busy I'm still sitting here waiting for the mods to do something
Image

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2986
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Contact:

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » April 1st, 2010, 1:38 pm

I like the one that Google has going. :lol:
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

Aia
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 235
Joined: April 1st, 2006, 11:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Contact:

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby Aia » April 1st, 2010, 1:51 pm

We pulled a pretty good April Fools joke at my school today.

I'm editor in chief of our school paper, and it's called the Catamount. We distributed a paper today under the "Cattlemount" heading and we had three fake front page stories. The first was that the Starbucks down the hill from school was closing (this is Washington, so this a BIG disaster), that Pluto was being considered a planet again, and that senior prom was being moved to an undesirable location. Surprisingly enough, a lot of people fell for it. : )
Science Olympiad Alumna and Volunteer
Aia's Boomilever Guide: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Aia%27 ... ever_Guide

User avatar
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 1539
Joined: November 18th, 2009, 12:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: IA
Location: Des Moines
Contact:

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby zyzzyva980 » April 1st, 2010, 1:54 pm

Haha, my school did that a few years ago. Among the stories: "Kansas secedes from union, say they don't get enough competition in college basketball", "California breaks off of the continental U.S." and "[school name] boundaries moved to those of [rival high school]" A lot of people fell for that, too.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: Wiki & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby fmtiger124 » April 1st, 2010, 1:56 pm

Aia wrote:We pulled a pretty good April Fools joke at my school today.

I'm editor in chief of our school paper, and it's called the Catamount. We distributed a paper today under the "Cattlemount" heading and we had three fake front page stories. The first was that the Starbucks down the hill from school was closing (this is Washington, so this a BIG disaster), that Pluto was being considered a planet again, and that senior prom was being moved to an undesirable location. Surprisingly enough, a lot of people fell for it. : )

my school did something like that, our entire paper was fake (planetarium now open for naps, snack shack closing, our retiring principle going to return as a gym teacher)
Image

User avatar
sweetcoop
Member
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: November 13th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Division: Grad
State: CO
Location: On top of the World

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby sweetcoop » April 1st, 2010, 2:04 pm

Well I am not in school this week vor it is spring Break here at my school, but I think that Friday at school they tried to play an early joke by saying that the school had to ration off the toilet paper and paper towels and that you gad to get some from the office. It was a bad joke.
ImageImage
The 10 most important two letter words.
If it is to be, it is up to me

User avatar
srsvball95
Member
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 10:14 am
Division: Grad
State: TX
Location: Katy, TX

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby srsvball95 » April 1st, 2010, 2:46 pm

Today during Athletics, we all went into the locker room to get dressed but when we came out, we still had our regular clothes on. We went and sat in the gym as we always start and we got the entire period to do so too (About 70 kids). The coaches walked in but they weren't mad and all they talked about was the meet yesterday. And the best part, we didn't have to do anything all period :D
Seven Lakes High School Class of 2014
Beckendorff Alumni

User avatar
Celeste
Member
Member
Posts: 175
Joined: April 24th, 2009, 3:09 pm
Division: C
State: NE
Location: Dreaming of electric sheep.

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby Celeste » April 1st, 2010, 3:18 pm

I did the "'gullible' is written on the ceiling" trick at Sci O this morning. It's usually a totally boring trick, except this time my two friends and I had actually written the word 'gullible' on a piece of tape and stuck it to the ceiling a few days before. No one believed us at first, but when they actually saw the tape it was funny.
Also, during band, another one of my Sci O friends covered this other kid's band locker with duct tape.
2011~Dynamic (1st Regional, 1st State, 36th Nats) ~Birds (1st, 2nd, 39th) ~Remote (1st, 3rd, 42nd) ~Wind Power (1st, 4th, x)

2010~Dynamic (1st Regional, 1st State) ~Egg-O (x, 6th) ~Birds (4th, 5th) ~Remote (1st, 1st)

2009~Egg-O (11th State, 36th Nats) ~Herp (6th, 44th) ~Remote (x, 36th)

winneratlife
Member
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: December 16th, 2009, 3:52 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby winneratlife » April 1st, 2010, 3:30 pm

Celeste wrote:I did the "'gullible' is written on the ceiling" trick at Sci O this morning. It's usually a totally boring trick, except this time my two friends and I had actually written the word 'gullible' on a piece of tape and stuck it to the ceiling a few days before. No one believed us at first, but when they actually saw the tape it was funny.
Also, during band, another one of my Sci O friends covered this other kid's band locker with duct tape.


In band we were gonna all pretend we forgot our instruments... but a few people ruined it...

cypressfalls Robert
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 499
Joined: January 6th, 2009, 7:54 pm
Division: Grad
State: TX
Location: डार्क सब्रे के पीछे O.o
Contact:

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby cypressfalls Robert » April 1st, 2010, 3:32 pm

In every class today I taped the bottom of my teacher's mouse's. it was funny because one of them almost called a technician :lol:

winneratlife
Member
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: December 16th, 2009, 3:52 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby winneratlife » April 1st, 2010, 3:45 pm

robotman09 wrote:i am not revealing anything until midnight ;) :)


fmtiger124 wrote:Despite the fact that DS was apparently too busy I'm still sitting here waiting for the mods to do something


Check the wiki :D

Nice one robotman :D

User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby fmtiger124 » April 1st, 2010, 4:07 pm

winneratlife wrote:
robotman09 wrote:i am not revealing anything until midnight ;) :)


fmtiger124 wrote:Despite the fact that DS was apparently too busy I'm still sitting here waiting for the mods to do something


Check the wiki :D

Nice one robotman :D

yea I saw, except anyone who knows how to use the wiki can get around it....but thanks for trying robot :D
Image

User avatar
tclme elmo
Member
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: August 14th, 2009, 12:55 pm
Division: B
State: HI
Location: Pennsylvania, Strath Haven

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby tclme elmo » April 1st, 2010, 4:24 pm

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:I like the one that Google has going. :lol:

slash gmail. The login page
2011
Rustin Invitational - 1st
Solon Invitational - 8th
Regionals - 1st
States - 1st
Nationals - 11th

cypressfalls Robert
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 499
Joined: January 6th, 2009, 7:54 pm
Division: Grad
State: TX
Location: डार्क सब्रे के पीछे O.o
Contact:

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby cypressfalls Robert » April 1st, 2010, 5:08 pm


cypressfalls Robert
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 499
Joined: January 6th, 2009, 7:54 pm
Division: Grad
State: TX
Location: डार्क सब्रे के पीछे O.o
Contact:

Re: April Fool's Day!

Postby cypressfalls Robert » April 1st, 2010, 9:42 pm

robotman09 wrote:i am not revealing anything until midnight ;) :)


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests