Goodbye

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Goodbye

Post by Unome »

Even though I didn't really know you very well, I've seen all the work you've put into SO and scioly.org. From the 2014 forum update (omg that was awesome) to ESUS, which makes every other signup system look weak in comparison (hey we still get ESUS right? it'd be so hard to revert to SignupGenius after checking out ESUS) you've influenced SO in so many ways. While your mark may not always be easy to find, it's definitely there.
daydreamer0023

Post by daydreamer0023 »

Good-bye Robotman...I didn't really know you too well, but thank you for all that you've done for scioly.org! :) Farewell and good luck on future endeavors!
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mnstrviola »

Goodbye robot! Thanks for all you've done.
CVMSAvalacheStudent
Division: C
State: CA

Post by CVMSAvalacheStudent »

Goodbye robot, you will not be forgotten as long as Scioly thrives.
"Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people."-Steve Jobs
Alicecream
Division: B
State: AL

Post by Alicecream »

robotman wrote:Hello Scioly.org

As you all know I have spent the last 5 years running Scioly.org, I started out on this site in 2008. It has been a lot of fun and an incredibly rewarding experience. However, I have spent a large chuck of my life since middle school competing in Science Olympiad and helping out on Scioly.org. I have been posting constantly, and most likely added more words to the wiki then all my school essays combined. As time has passed I have had less time and energy to devote to improving our site. I have had my fill of banning bots whose goal in life is to advertise for their shoes, or for "performance" drugs. I have had my fill of rollovers and spammers. I started passing the torch almost exactly a year ago, and tonight I have completed the final major hurdle. I am handing Scioly.org over to the next generation to see what you can do to make this site even better. Good luck to all of you. This has been the last chapter in my Science Olympiad journey.

Humbly,
Robotman
Be sure to visit sometimes..! Even though I'm fairly new, I appreciate all the work you've put to this site. You're the real MVP. *Claps*
Kermitting Sciolycide, also known as devoting all your life to this season's Science Olympiad.
__________________________________________________________________________________
A proud fandom trash
Mistake Mess..
Fictionsexual and proud.
Being Meguka is suffering.
A big Pokemon fan +_+
Macgyver
Division: C
State: WA

Post by Macgyver »

Robot don't leave us!! :cry:
Moses Lake High School Wiki:
2016-17- Chem Lab (4th), Write It Do It, Game On, WiFi Lab
2017-18- Hovercraft, Mousetrap Vehicle, Thermodynamics (2nd)
Go Washington!

Return to “Announcements”