Been thanked: 0

Re: Disease Detectives B/C

Post by hanajitenshi »

sciolympian wrote:
hanajitenshi wrote:rigionals tomorrow wish me luck
good luck, i have regionals tomorrow too :|
mines at grand valley is ours there ?
alchemy is the method of turning lead into gold
i tried to do this but all i did was set matt on fire now i have to try to transmute him back XD
one month later:
:D its done but he looks likes c4 which is going to detonate in 10987654321 booooooooooooooooom!
oh well your all dead muhahahahhahhahaha
hanajitenshi
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0

Post by hanajitenshi »

.... no one has posted yet legos
i tried to do this but all i did was set matt on fire now i have to try to transmute him back XD
one month later:
:D its done but he looks likes c4 which is going to detonate in 10987654321 booooooooooooooooom!
sciolympian
Division: C
State: DE

Post by sciolympian »

no i'm in delaware. by the way, in the delaware states, i placed 12th overall out of 50 teams :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
purplexmelon
State: CA

Post by purplexmelon »

sciolympian wrote:some other helpful links:
http://soinc.org/disease_detectives_c
http://www.diseasedetectives.org/deeper

interactive links:
http://medmyst.rice.edu/
http://www.buffetbusters.ca/

i shall go back to my meditation.... OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :ugeek:
Thanks for the links! I liked the last two. They were fun hehe
Does anyone know of any good sites that have a lot of calculation problems? i.e. odds ratio, relative risk, etc.
hanajitenshi

Post by hanajitenshi »

boom werido shot anyway im all done with riginols >.<
one month later:
Big_Platypus

Post by Big_Platypus »

hanajitenshi wrote:
sciolympian wrote:
hanajitenshi wrote:rigionals tomorrow wish me luck
good luck, i have regionals tomorrow too :|
mines at grand valley is ours there ?
:O OMG MINE WAS AT GRAND VALLEY TOO!!!
What did you place? I got 8th. I would have placed higher if my partner had put stuff on the note sheet I had been telling him too (having 6 events and 5 notesheets is hard to manage, so I put Disease Detectives on him)

Anyway, what is the difference between Risk and Risk Ratio? My partner and I were really confused by that.
2010 Events:Anatomy, Meteorology, Bio-Process, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Experimental Design
Controlling bugs and nightbirds with the history of a shrine maiden and magician who killed the lunar rabbit to get to the nurse of the lunar princess to hold her for ransom to the Fujiwara Phoenix
Starapollo1
Division: Grad
State: IN

Post by Starapollo1 »

Hey has anyone else seen standard deviation on their tests? We've seen it three times at invitationals but oddly enough at regionals it wasn't on the test... thoughts?
2009: Protein Modeling (4th) overall 7th
2010: Cell Bio (11), Write it Do it (10), overall 5th
2011: Disease (4), Microbe (10), Protein Modeling (5), Sounds of Music (2), overall 1st, nats 21
2012: Disease (4), Forestry (5), Microbe (-), Protein Modeling (6), Sounds of Music (7), TPS (7) overall 4th
Big_Platypus

Post by Big_Platypus »

Standard Deviations are a logical thing to be on there, but I havent seen any. Can you explain how to use them?
2010 Events:Anatomy, Meteorology, Bio-Process, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Experimental Design
Controlling bugs and nightbirds with the history of a shrine maiden and magician who killed the lunar rabbit to get to the nurse of the lunar princess to hold her for ransom to the Fujiwara Phoenix
Starapollo1
Division: Grad
State: IN

Post by Starapollo1 »

Big_Platypus wrote:Standard Deviations are a logical thing to be on there, but I havent seen any. Can you explain how to use them?
Standard deviation in simple terms is the average something is away from the middle. On a test if you were given a chart they may ask you to find the average, the mean, the median, and then the standard deviation. Many calculators actually have the formula on the inside cover and if yours doesn't then you can add the formula to your cheat sheet. The first time I had it on a test I wasn't in a math class and so I was horribly lost but once you learn how to use the formula (just by practicing with a few practice problems) it's actually rather simple. Good luck!
2009: Protein Modeling (4th) overall 7th
2010: Cell Bio (11), Write it Do it (10), overall 5th
2011: Disease (4), Microbe (10), Protein Modeling (5), Sounds of Music (2), overall 1st, nats 21
2012: Disease (4), Forestry (5), Microbe (-), Protein Modeling (6), Sounds of Music (7), TPS (7) overall 4th
soobsession

Post by soobsession »

Hmm... does anyone know exactly how much vocab is needed on the tests? I'm got a few 20 page glossaries, but are they really necessary? I've been told that aside from basic terms, you can use the other ones to "impress" your judges... is there any other use aside from that? :|

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Return to “2010 Lab Events”