EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Picture This C

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

In the Picture This Words Wiki, there are several lists of possibly used words. This:http://eezway.org/PicThisQuiz/index.php is also another good link for identifying pictures and getting ideas. (Link taken from the archived threads, they're really quite good for research. :) )
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
kikiwalls
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kikiwalls »

I absolutely love this event---it is so much fun! my advise to fellow competitors would be simply to practice tons of words with your teammates. you can find plenty of practice words in the glossaries of science textbooks and science dictionaries. and also, don't forget to simply have fun with the event!!
rizzyz
Division: C
State: SC

Post by rizzyz »

I remember making tons of flashcards and stealing tons of college science books just to read through the glossaries. If anyone just wants to practice some science vocabulary (or any kind really) and help the world while they're at it, http://www.freerice.com/subjects.php is a great site to check out. It's not specifically oriented for Science Olympiad, but it's fun and it's good practice.
Current Events: Ornithology, Technical Problem Solving (That's a new one for me!), Experimental Design, Write It Do It
kikiwalls
State: IN

Post by kikiwalls »

rizzyz wrote:I remember making tons of flashcards and stealing tons of college science books just to read through the glossaries. If anyone just wants to practice some science vocabulary (or any kind really) and help the world while they're at it, http://www.freerice.com/subjects.php is a great site to check out. It's not specifically oriented for Science Olympiad, but it's fun and it's good practice.
yeah that is a good site...my classmate's dad made the website
zoproeg

Post by zoproeg »

On average, how many words on a test do you NOT KNOW at all?
rizzyz
State: SC

Post by rizzyz »

zoproeg wrote:On average, how many words on a test do you NOT KNOW at all?
I'm not sure. I guess it really depends on the test. If it's a state-type test, I'll know all but one or two, but if it's a national-type test, I might know half or so.
Current Events: Ornithology, Technical Problem Solving (That's a new one for me!), Experimental Design, Write It Do It
ravensrunner14
State: OH

Post by ravensrunner14 »

so last year..my team and i had NOOOOO clue what we were getting ourselves into.but we went in there and ended up getting 3rd!! it was AMAZING!! i absolutely looooove this event!! :D
RAVENSRUNNER14
3rd: Picture This!
4th: Forensics
violet17
State: IL

Post by violet17 »

I've never done Picture This before and i was wondering: does just one person draw and the other two guess or does it swich around, ie. could you have different people drawing for different words? I'm guessing not, but, hey, you never know.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

It rotates, so one person draws for one word and the other two guess, and then the next person around goes, and then so on. So it does switch around, but you don't get to choose who gets to draw what if that's what you were asking. And I'm pretty sure all people have to draw equally, and you can't have only one person draw.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
[-_-]
State: NC

Post by [-_-] »

Are we allowed to use symbols such as & or + to denote "and" ? Same with the symbol @ ? " for inches?
Do we have to define centimeters as cm? We didn't do that last year by accident but I don't think we were docked points.
... [-_-]

Return to “2010 Lab Events”