Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Egg-O-Naut C

Post by amerikestrel »

I have a (probably very stupid) bottle rocket question.

I purchased this launcher and this pump, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to attach the pump nozzle to the tube in the launcher so that pressurizes the rocket. What am I doing wrong?
Not competing in the 2011-12 season.
2011 B division PA State Ornithology and Fossils champ!
Medal count: 14
rocketman1555
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by rocketman1555 »

There should be an adaptor with the launcher if the pump doesn't work. Although it should work fine, I have the same launcher, and just bought a bike pump and it works fine, just make sure you latch the pump so that it seals with the tube from the launcher, that may be the issue.
I am a practitioner of the art of magic known as science.
fleet130
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by fleet130 »

See: PITSCO Website Click on the small thumbnails below the picture. The 5th (depending on which photo you're looking at) photo shows the launcher hose being inserted into the pump hose chuck.

There is a release lever on the chuck. Lift the lever as shown in the picture to open the chuck. Push and hold the launcher hose end fitting firmly into the chuck. Fold the lever back down to lock the hose fitting in the chuck. Lift the lever again to release the launcher hose from the chuck.
Information expressed here is solely the opinion of the author. Any similarity to that of the management or any official instrument is purely coincidental! Doing Science Olympiad since 1987!

Return to “2010 Build Events”