Anatomy B/C

lllazar
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by lllazar »

Do you guys know if we need to features on bone surfaces?

Btw, looks like respiratory and muscular and endocrine for next year.

Does anyone know any sites with labeling activities for muscles?
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?
penclspinner

Post by penclspinner »

lllazar wrote:Do you guys know if we need to features on bone surfaces?
After reading thru previous pages on this thread it looks like you should know the bone surface features.
Paradox21
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by Paradox21 »

lllazar wrote: Does anyone know any sites with labeling activities for muscles?
http://msjensen.cehd.umn.edu/webanatomy ... fault.html

Beware: it doesn't follow the muscle list on SOinc.

I would recommend making diagrams of the muscles for your cheat sheet. Muscles are actually pretty tough to identify. There were several muscles to ID on the nats test and I don't think I could have done a lot of it without my diagrams. They are worth the space on the sheet.
When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.
tclme elmo
Division: B
State: HI

Post by tclme elmo »

You definitely should. However, I don't think it's in the rules. but DEFINITELY, definitely learn them. why are you asking? skeletal isn't one of the systems for next year.
lllazar wrote:Btw, looks like respiratory and muscular and endocrine for next year.
And just respiratory and muscular for B division.
Paradox21 wrote:I would recommend making diagrams of the muscles for your cheat sheet. Muscles are actually pretty tough to identify. There were several muscles to ID on the nats test and I don't think I could have done a lot of it without my diagrams. They are worth the space on the sheet.
Do put all the muscles on a sheet. You never know how complicated the diagram will be when given to you.
Rustin Invitational - 1st
Solon Invitational - 8th
Regionals - 1st
States - 1st
Nationals - 11th
lllazar

Post by lllazar »

tclme elmo wrote:
You definitely should. However, I don't think it's in the rules. but DEFINITELY, definitely learn them. why are you asking? skeletal isn't one of the systems for next year.
I was asking because i misread respiratory for skeletal. No im not blind i just rush things...like reading :(
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?
foranatdis

Post by foranatdis »

did anyone think the national's test was extremely easy and unsatisfying? tho.. we got 2nd...w/e ...i thought state was harder but we got still got 1st ..
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

Yes! I could have placed wit ha harder event! I was first in the State with a test that we left a whole station blank on!
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
Paradox21
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by Paradox21 »

foranatdis wrote:did anyone think the national's test was extremely easy and unsatisfying? tho.. we got 2nd...w/e ...i thought state was harder but we got still got 1st ..
Yeah, the test was very trivial, it seemed. You either knew the answer or didn't. It didn't require a lot of thinking or connecting ideas. My cheat sheet was worth its weight in gold. It had most of the answers. I was also surprised at how little there was on the endocrine system. It seemed like it was covered much less than the muscular and skeletal.
When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.
foranatdis

Post by foranatdis »

Paradox21 wrote:
foranatdis wrote:did anyone think the national's test was extremely easy and unsatisfying? tho.. we got 2nd...w/e ...i thought state was harder but we got still got 1st ..
Yeah, the test was very trivial, it seemed. You either knew the answer or didn't. It didn't require a lot of thinking or connecting ideas. My cheat sheet was worth its weight in gold. It had most of the answers. I was also surprised at how little there was on the endocrine system. It seemed like it was covered much less than the muscular and skeletal.
what school are u from/wat did u end up getting?? yea my partner and i knew our stuff pretty well - altho we had to refer to the sheet for things on the national test which were only like origin and insertion sometimes cuz we only somewat studied that - overall the nats test wasnt bad at all whatsoever...im glad i wrote down the diff names of muscular dystrophy cuz those were questions asked on the nats test too :)...we knew everything except for three partial questions which were questionable and im pretty sure we got everything else - it was a solid test....so i think that since it was such an easy test it came down to one or two points that the team ahead of us which was Grand Haven just got...ah ...so close to gettin that 1st in nats...w/e congrats to Grand Haven :)
Flavorflav
State: NY

Post by Flavorflav »

paleonaps95 wrote:Yes! I could have placed wit ha harder event! I was first in the State with a test that we left a whole station blank on!
Which station did you leave blank, and why?

Return to “2010 Study Events”