Anatomy B/C

foranatdis
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: March 14th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by foranatdis » June 3rd, 2010, 9:18 pm

did anyone think the national's test was extremely easy and unsatisfying? tho.. we got 2nd...w/e ...i thought state was harder but we got still got 1st ..

User avatar
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: March 7th, 2009, 7:14 am
Division: Grad
State: NY
Location: Turning and turning in the widening gyre
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by paleonaps » June 4th, 2010, 2:36 am

Yes! I could have placed wit ha harder event! I was first in the State with a test that we left a whole station blank on!
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.

Paradox21
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 395
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 7:10 am
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by Paradox21 » June 4th, 2010, 7:42 pm

foranatdis wrote:did anyone think the national's test was extremely easy and unsatisfying? tho.. we got 2nd...w/e ...i thought state was harder but we got still got 1st ..
Yeah, the test was very trivial, it seemed. You either knew the answer or didn't. It didn't require a lot of thinking or connecting ideas. My cheat sheet was worth its weight in gold. It had most of the answers. I was also surprised at how little there was on the endocrine system. It seemed like it was covered much less than the muscular and skeletal.
When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.

foranatdis
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: March 14th, 2010, 4:31 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by foranatdis » June 4th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Paradox21 wrote:
foranatdis wrote:did anyone think the national's test was extremely easy and unsatisfying? tho.. we got 2nd...w/e ...i thought state was harder but we got still got 1st ..
Yeah, the test was very trivial, it seemed. You either knew the answer or didn't. It didn't require a lot of thinking or connecting ideas. My cheat sheet was worth its weight in gold. It had most of the answers. I was also surprised at how little there was on the endocrine system. It seemed like it was covered much less than the muscular and skeletal.
what school are u from/wat did u end up getting?? yea my partner and i knew our stuff pretty well - altho we had to refer to the sheet for things on the national test which were only like origin and insertion sometimes cuz we only somewat studied that - overall the nats test wasnt bad at all whatsoever...im glad i wrote down the diff names of muscular dystrophy cuz those were questions asked on the nats test too :)...we knew everything except for three partial questions which were questionable and im pretty sure we got everything else - it was a solid test....so i think that since it was such an easy test it came down to one or two points that the team ahead of us which was Grand Haven just got...ah ...so close to gettin that 1st in nats...w/e congrats to Grand Haven :)

Flavorflav
Member
Member
Posts: 1376
Joined: February 5th, 2006, 7:06 am
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by Flavorflav » June 10th, 2010, 6:56 am

paleonaps95 wrote:Yes! I could have placed wit ha harder event! I was first in the State with a test that we left a whole station blank on!
Which station did you leave blank, and why?

mali_16
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: March 29th, 2010, 9:40 am
Division: C
State: NC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by mali_16 » June 12th, 2010, 7:11 pm

What topics do you think would be on the C Division?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

Planned 2011 Events: Anatomy, Disease Detectives and Ecology

User avatar
soobsession
Member
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: March 21st, 2009, 2:33 pm
Division: C
Location: Chasing butterflies on a circumzenithal arc.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by soobsession » June 12th, 2010, 7:22 pm

mali_16 wrote:What topics do you think would be on the C Division?
On the tentative event list, B division has respiratory and muscular, while C division has repiratory, muscular, and endocrine.
Unless you mean what specifically we're going to have to study?

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Image
Image

User avatar
tclme elmo
Member
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: August 14th, 2009, 12:55 pm
Division: B
State: HI
Location: Pennsylvania, Strath Haven
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by tclme elmo » June 12th, 2010, 8:57 pm

It will probably be the same or pretty close as far as the muscular system for both divisions, and endocrine for C division.
2011
Rustin Invitational - 1st
Solon Invitational - 8th
Regionals - 1st
States - 1st
Nationals - 11th

User avatar
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: March 7th, 2009, 7:14 am
Division: Grad
State: NY
Location: Turning and turning in the widening gyre
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by paleonaps » June 18th, 2010, 6:37 am

I honestly don't really expect it to change at all.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.

User avatar
sciolykid101
Member
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: January 5th, 2007, 1:49 pm
Division: C
State: TN
Location: Je suis où je veux être.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by sciolykid101 » June 18th, 2010, 11:32 am

paleonaps95 wrote:I honestly don't really expect it to change at all.
Anatomy is essentially Science of Fitness now. >.>
2010 Events: Anatomy, Astronomy, Cell Biology, Protein Modeling
Looking forward to the '11 SO season!
Tennessee! Image

Locked

Return to “2010 Study Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest