Ornithology B/C

Celeste
Division: C
State: NE
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ornithology B/C

Post by Celeste » February 5th, 2010, 4:18 pm

The font isn't that small on the PDF, but the margins are pretty thin. You could either adjust the margins on word, or try printing the PDF from a different computer or something.
2011~Dynamic (1st Regional, 1st State, 36th Nats) ~Birds (1st, 2nd, 39th) ~Remote (1st, 3rd, 42nd) ~Wind Power (1st, 4th, x)

2010~Dynamic (1st Regional, 1st State) ~Egg-O (x, 6th) ~Birds (4th, 5th) ~Remote (1st, 1st)

2009~Egg-O (11th State, 36th Nats) ~Herp (6th, 44th) ~Remote (x, 36th)

germinator
State: IL

Post by germinator » February 5th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Hana_chan14 wrote:who knows whether the National list is supposed to be 2 pages or 3 pages?
well if you want to it can be two pages but you have to compress it
don't drink and drive; you might hit a bump and spill your drink

germinator
State: IL

Post by germinator » February 5th, 2010, 7:06 pm

winneratlife wrote:
crazy77 wrote:speaking of tests...........let's try and get some more on the wiki!!!!!!!!!!! i would post the one test i took at an invatational, but the person didn't give us copies of the test or the answer key. all we got back was our answer sheet with marks on the questions we got wrong (but not telling us why we got it wrong or what the right answer was!).

I dunno about how easy getting tests on the wiki is...

After all, if a BOOK is allowed for this event, the event must be strictly timed. Strict timing means either PowerPoint slides or stations, no overall just "I hand you a test, you hand it in after 55 minutes. I can give it back later." Therefore, after each invitational, the school isn't gonna hand you all the stations or the PowerPoint. They'll hand you your answer sheet.

The one test already one the wiki was never used at an actual competition as far as I know. Somebody uploaded it as "Practice Test" so I assume they wrote it themselves, then I converted it from pptx to word and put it on the test exchange.
yea im in division b but that was exactly what happened last year for fossils and we barely had time to use our fossil or our binder
don't drink and drive; you might hit a bump and spill your drink

duckiegirl2
State: TX

Post by duckiegirl2 » February 7th, 2010, 2:31 pm

:lol: Okay so I had a time conflict at an invitational, and I didn't do birds. And the people on my team didn't even have the list and so our B team beat them. :D
THIS IS BARTA!!!
( '< ')
( v v )
Image Image <(^_~)>
zyzzyva98 wrote:Is in the city/state/county/country/planet/township/home/galaxy/etc. of taking a nap

junexia
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by junexia » February 7th, 2010, 3:43 pm

wow haha thats too bad.
Events for 2011:
Ornithology <3, Fossils, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Dynamic Planet

soobsession

Post by soobsession » February 11th, 2010, 9:01 am

Hana_chan14 wrote:who knows whether the National list is supposed to be 2 pages or 3 pages?
The National list is supposed to be 2 pages.

In the rules it says there is a "three page Official National Bird List" There was a clarification on soinc for that that said

"The list on the website has been reduced to 2 pages. The list was posted on the website after the rule book went to print."

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

crazy77

Post by crazy77 » February 12th, 2010, 6:43 pm

On the test posted on the wiki, I was having trouble with station 10 question 3 (doesn't it do both?)and station 15. Any help would be appreciated!

soobsession

Post by soobsession » February 13th, 2010, 10:38 am

crazy77 wrote:On the test posted on the wiki, I was having trouble with station 10 question 3 (doesn't it do both?)and station 15. Any help would be appreciated!
On Station 10, Question 3, it's referring to a Snowy Egret's behavior while hunting. I believe snowies hunt with other birds.

Station 15 is a Cooper's Hawk. It is in Class Accipitridae. Diurnal (the opposite of nocturnal), means active during the day. The bird in the lower photograph is a juvenile, I think, because of the lighter plumage on its breast and belly.

:mrgreen:

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Sonatina

Post by Sonatina » February 15th, 2010, 6:19 pm

"students may tab the guide"
This may be a silly question, but if we're using post-its to tab our field guide, are we allowed to write on the post-its?

edit:// Oh just kidding guys, I should've read the thread first. It seems that you are allowed to write on tabs, your tabs just aren't allowed to be very big.

Flavorflav
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by Flavorflav » February 16th, 2010, 6:24 am

Sonatina wrote:"students may tab the guide"
This may be a silly question, but if we're using post-its to tab our field guide, are we allowed to write on the post-its?

edit:// Oh just kidding guys, I should've read the thread first. It seems that you are allowed to write on tabs, your tabs just aren't allowed to be very big.
Yes. The official clarification on the size limit is that the tabs have to be "small." The only remaining trick is that you have to make sure that your idea of "small" coincides with the event supervisor's.

Return to “2010 Study Events”