2010 Wright Stuff Guidelines

eta150
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2010 Wright Stuff Guidelines

Post by eta150 »

You do have to id your team name and number, but you do not have to have opaque covering pieces like two years ago. This I know, because I "caused" (through rules clarifications) the reformatting of the scoring charts to get rid of the opaque covering parameter.
#ACESWILD
DanielleS
Division: B

Post by DanielleS »

In the rules it says that we should have the demensions of the room that we will be flying in. Because that doesn't see mt oactually happen, if anyone is from PA here, do you know the dimensions fo the room at Juniata?
eta150

Post by eta150 »

I'm not sure, but it's a great venue, and it's probably (don't hold me to this) around 35 feet.
#ACESWILD
DanielleS

Post by DanielleS »

eta150 wrote:I'm not sure, but it's a great venue, and it's probably (don't hold me to this) around 35 feet.
Okay, thank you !
jcollier

Post by jcollier »

Juniata's IM gym is about 35' high in the center, as eta150 said. However, it slopes down to around 20' or less at the sides, so you don' t really have 35' to work with. A tight circling plane is advantage if you want to use the height that is there.

Danielle, if you were 3rd last year, are you one of the twins? :?:
blue cobra
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by blue cobra »

DanielleS wrote:In the rules it says that we should have the dimensions of the room that we will be flying in. Because that doesn't seem to actually happen, if anyone is from PA here, do you know the dimensions for the room at Juniata?
It seems like you got your answer, but to others with the same problem submit a rule clarification to your state asking the dimensions. Sometimes, however, the state might not know where it will be held until only a short time before the competition.
In full color since 2006
DanielleS

Post by DanielleS »

jcollier wrote:Juniata's IM gym is about 35' high in the center, as eta150 said. However, it slopes down to around 20' or less at the sides, so you don' t really have 35' to work with. A tight circling plane is advantage if you want to use the height that is there.

Danielle, if you were 3rd last year, are you one of the twins? :?:

Thank you. And yupp. :D
jcollier

Post by jcollier »

Danielle:

I hope your dad will be helping time again this year. I was the guy weighing motors last year. As I recall, your plane missed the beams in the I.M. Gym by inches a few times last year, so I would say that height was just about perfect! :D Good luck this year. I hope to be helping John Clapp again.
StampingDad

Post by StampingDad »

I was just noticing on soinc.org that the summer institute lists helicopter/glider as courses. Does anyone know if that means C may get helicopter and B get glider and will it be balloon launch, catapult or towline glider?
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

Most likely, Helicopter Duration Div C and Bottle Rocket Div B for next year. It can of course change, but not likely at this late date. There may be other events like glider run as trials since we'll be bringing that back in a few years.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI

Return to “Wright Stuff B”