Last Task

Xenarian
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Last Task

Post by Xenarian »

My science teacher has like 200 of these motors sitting around. So, replaceable. But thanks for the advice.
Events:
Write it/do it (1st place at state, 2009)
Mission Possible
It's About Time
Picture This
Physics Lab
Experimental Design
Optics
Technical Problem Solving
Robot Ramble
Flavorflav
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by Flavorflav »

Xenarian wrote:My science teacher has like 200 of these motors sitting around. So, replaceable. But thanks for the advice.
I'm a science teacher who has a lot of motors sitting around, but I still get pigeon when someone burns one out for no good reason.
Xenarian
State: IL

Post by Xenarian »

Okay, well the minimum rating on it is 1.5v. I've tested this thing over two dozen times, and it hasn't burnt out yet. I think I'm good.
</mean>

Okay, I'm nice now.
Events:
Write it/do it (1st place at state, 2009)
Mission Possible
It's About Time
Picture This
Physics Lab
Experimental Design
Optics
Technical Problem Solving
Robot Ramble
Flavorflav
State: NY

Post by Flavorflav »

Hmm. Somehow my anglosaxonism for urination became the word butterfly. Do you think they have a daemon for that, or did someone do it manually?
cypressfalls Robert
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by cypressfalls Robert »

Flavorflav wrote:Hmm. Somehow my anglosaxonism for urination became the word butterfly. Do you think they have a daemon for that, or did someone do it manually?
There was a disscussion about this before , the words get changed to pigeon, its like a censor so schools won't blacklist the scioly.org site

lol

How high have the flags been getting?
Paradox21
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by Paradox21 »

cypressfalls Robert wrote:
Flavorflav wrote:Hmm. Somehow my anglosaxonism for urination became the word butterfly. Do you think they have a daemon for that, or did someone do it manually?
There was a disscussion about this before , the words get changed to butterfly, its like a censor so schools won't blacklist the scioly.org site

lol

How high have the flags been getting?
There really isn't much reason to make an enormous flag pole. As long as it is clearly in the specs of the final task, that is all it needs to be. SOinc has said that the 2nd tie breaker will be measured in partial seconds which effectively eliminates the 3rd tie breaker (height of flag) and basically leaves the tie breaker for "perfect" devices to human error and pure chance. If multiple devices run "perfectly" the device run times are already limited to 1 second of each other. At the national competition where I would expect to see double digit "perfect devices" the clustering will be so tight that many places will be decided based simply on human reaction time.
When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.
cypressfalls Robert
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by cypressfalls Robert »

that really just isn't fair, but we'll have to live with it :( :( :( :( :(
Curt
State: MI

Post by Curt »

question... I have been having problems getting a long enough time to get high enough for the "ideal time at states" sure i can add more time to my mass but its at 45seconds now to meet 60 seconds for the whole run. the electronic magnet has overheated before and its like blistering hot at 45 seconds. so i cant add to much without the magnet overheating and failing (droping the ball) ive tried using lower voltage but only a 9v can give it enough power/current (not sure exactly what to use) :roll: to hold the steel ball up.

so i thought of an idea about the flag. is a balloon filled with hellium with the flag attached to it. and a string can that be considered the flag and flagpole? the only rules i see against it is the (no flameable materials) but i don't think hellium is very flameable but I'm not sure. :oops: can anyone steer me in the right directions?

if i cant use the balloon it will put to much of a "toll" on my magnet causeing it to over heat. :?

to clerify the balloon will not be just flying up it will be hooked to a string with somekind of braking mechanism. Can the flag be just under the balloon or must if be at the top of the "flagpole"
can the balloon be considered as the flagpole?

i have two TSL's one stating the flag and other saying the balloon so i am prepared to change it to a flag if needs be.

Return to “Mission Possible C”