Pennsylvania 2010

teppy2
Division: B
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pennsylvania 2010

Post by teppy2 »

You have never seen my grade, well maybe you have but not that much.
2010:
Fossils: 2nd
Birds: 4th
Team: 3rd

Fossils:1st,4th
Birds:1st,4th
Ecology:NA, idk
Team:1st, 2nd
AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by AlphaTauri »

At States, I swear 80% of the teams I saw outside had frisbees. (Including us. We accidentally hit some kids from Welsh Valley while playing Ultimate. Sorry, whoever that was.) I have to say, Pentathlon was probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while- my whole team was trying to get our Penathlon team to hit each other with the sponges and we were laughing at our teammates wearing the duck hat. I also saw a lot of Strath Haven people at my events- my partner and I shared a table with their Solar System team, and I sat across from, I think, gyourkoshaven during Compute This (I was the kid sitting across the table, having serious issues with finding info on NASA's website). And, oh yes, the smoothies from that place in Von Liebig were delicious. Might be a little expensive, but definitely worth it!

I don't think that paragraph made much sense...oh well.

Once again, congrats to BC and Haven, and be sure to kick butt at Nationals!
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!
lakeSUPERIOR
Division: C

Post by lakeSUPERIOR »

yeah there were a lot of people playing frisbee... our team was one of them

it was a really fun cday, events and frisbee.
denmarksoccer

Post by denmarksoccer »

AlphaTauri wrote:At States, I swear 80% of the teams I saw outside had frisbees. (Including us. We accidentally hit some kids from Welsh Valley while playing Ultimate. Sorry, whoever that was.) I have to say, Pentathlon was probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while- my whole team was trying to get our Penathlon team to hit each other with the sponges and we were laughing at our teammates wearing the duck hat. I also saw a lot of Strath Haven people at my events- my partner and I shared a table with their Solar System team, and I sat across from, I think, gyourkoshaven during Compute This (I was the kid sitting across the table, having serious issues with finding info on NASA's website). And, oh yes, the smoothies from that place in Von Liebig were delicious. Might be a little expensive, but definitely worth it!

I don't think that paragraph made much sense...oh well.

Once again, congrats to BC and Haven, and be sure to kick butt at Nationals!
Were you one of the Hershey people laughing at us when we were doing Pentathlon? :( :D
I liked your t-shirts, though.
2010:
Pentathlon-1@ regs, 4@ states, 16@ nationals
Road Scholar-2@ regs, 8@ states, 31st@ nationals
Disease Detectives-2@ regs, 1st@ states, 5@ nationals
Bio-Process Lab- 2@ states, 11@ nationals
Physical Science Lab- 38@ nationals
Team-1@ regs, 2@ states, 19@ nationals

Moving up to C.
AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by AlphaTauri »

Yeah, we were mostly laughing at our Pentathlon team, who went right before you guys. Key word mostly. Pentathlon in any way, shape, or form is very amusing. Personally, I thought our t-shirts this year were ok; we had a different design, but didn't finalize it in time, so we had the ones you saw at States. I'm still insanely curious what the barcode is from, though...
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!
sciolygrl258

Post by sciolygrl258 »

teppy2 wrote:You have never seen my grade, well maybe you have but not that much.
I agree that most of the people in our grade are really snobby but there are still a few really smart people. The 6th grade is even worse but we still a few really smart people. Next year we're going to have Tedster's sister, HelixNebulaFreak's brother, and sciolyscorpio95's brother. And then the year after that we will have kpssa's brother (ithink) and my brother (sadly) who is way smarter than me. So you better keep doing scioly. :evil:

Pentathlon was so funny. A pentathlon person on our team poured the whole bucket of water on the other guy. Watching someone who thinks that they're so athletic completely fail at bouncing on the ball was pretty funny too :lol: :lol:

The smoothies were amazing. So worth it even though theyre pretty expensive. I'm so happy i got one :)
PA STATES 2012:
Optics: 3rd
Experimental Design: 5th

Team: 1st!!!!! XDD

17 hr bus drive to Orlando? I think yes! ^o^
Helix_Nebula_Freak

Post by Helix_Nebula_Freak »

sciolygrl258 wrote:
teppy2 wrote:You have never seen my grade, well maybe you have but not that much.

Pentathlon was so funny. A pentathlon person on our team poured the whole bucket of water on the other guy. Watching someone who thinks that they're so athletic completely fail at bouncing on the ball was pretty funny too :lol: :lol:

Yep. That would be me who dumped the graduated cylander on the other guy. (Who's also on this site but I won't name him) But... it all fairness, he did wring the sponge out on my head first... :)
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Yesterday was, all in all, a great competition. I congratulate the Strath Haven and Bala Cynwyd teams for making nationals, and everyone else who made it so competitive. The J.T. Lambert team got 5th place, which is the best ever. :D
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
haven chuck
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by haven chuck »

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Yesterday was, all in all, a great competition. I congratulate the Strath Haven and Bala Cynwyd teams for making nationals, and everyone else who made it so competitive. The J.T. Lambert team got 5th place, which is the best ever. :D
I agree, all the tests I took were very well-written, and the atmosphere as a whole was the best atmosphere at any states I've been to (07-10). Congratulations Bala for winning, we're all extremely happy for you guys, and can't wait to see you do great at nationals. Also, hopefully Harriton and Penncrest have strong showings at nationals to prove once again how good a state PA is.
2010 Can't Judge a Powder- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2010 Science Crimebusters- 3rd in the NATION
earthbot25

Post by earthbot25 »

haven chuck wrote:
EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Yesterday was, all in all, a great competition. I congratulate the Strath Haven and Bala Cynwyd teams for making nationals, and everyone else who made it so competitive. The J.T. Lambert team got 5th place, which is the best ever. :D
I agree, all the tests I took were very well-written, and the atmosphere as a whole was the best atmosphere at any states I've been to (07-10). Congratulations Bala for winning, we're all extremely happy for you guys, and can't wait to see you do great at nationals. Also, hopefully Harriton and Penncrest have strong showings at nationals to prove once again how good a state PA is.
yes it was a very friendly, positive atmosphere, the smoothies were very good, but my hand got really cold from holding it :D :lol:
also for anyone who did junkyard or watched it, it was hilarious; it wasn't supposed to be a spectator event, but everyone crowded around the entrance, and stood on chairs to see over the cubicle walls, one wall almost looked like it was going to fall over , from people leaning on it
Harriton Class of 2014

Past Events: C: Materials Science, Chemistry Lab, TPS, Experimental Design, Mission Possible, Microbe Mission, WIDI, Helicopters. B: Bio-Process Lab, Towers, Microbe Mission, Robocross, Physical Science Lab

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”