New York 2010

Flavorflav
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0

Re: New York 2010

Post by Flavorflav »

It's even closer than it looks on that map. The campus is about seven or eight miles southwest of Cobra's point B.
http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=12484&mag= ... ne%20ridge
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by paleonaps »

Okie-dokie then.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
starshine
Division: B

Post by starshine »

HappySciencePie wrote:I was thinking about the change more, and I have to say, I'll miss a lot more than just the nature walk.
Like, the extremely hot and moist arcade next to the pool at the hotel that we'd always stay at. I loved that place, even though it was uncomfortable to be there. I didn't even do much there this year, but I stayed until dinner. I remember, Kiwi and I were selling tokens to people so we could buy a drink. That was fun. :D
Andand, last year, we had a coffee party in our hotel rooms..
Plus, I liked how the school was a circle. That was.. creative.

AWW, I'M GONNA MISS SO MUCH. ;~;

But yeah, a road trip does sound kinda fun. Especially since the most fun part of any non-Science Olympiad field trip is the bus ride. Maybe we'll be so desperate for a movie to watch that I can bring my Pokemon movie.. :3
I'm going to miss it at New Paltz. Even though I went for one year.
I'll miss the game room and the pool. My, it was hot in there!
A road trip does sound fun. And, bring your Pokemon movie! I'll be excited to watch it.
2010 (1), 2011 (4), 2012 (7), 2013 (1)
Flavorflav

Post by Flavorflav »

HappySciencePie wrote:I was thinking about the change more, and I have to say, I'll miss a lot more than just the nature walk.
Like, the extremely hot and moist arcade next to the pool at the hotel that we'd always stay at. I loved that place, even though it was uncomfortable to be there. I didn't even do much there this year, but I stayed until dinner. I remember, Kiwi and I were selling tokens to people so we could buy a drink. That was fun. :D

Not so much. Ulster is actually closer to the Holiday Inn you guys stay in than New Paltz was, so you will probably stay there again.
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

Really.... wow.
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Post by RandomPerson »

But yeah, a road trip does sound kinda fun. Especially since the most fun part of any non-Science Olympiad field trip is the bus ride. Maybe we'll be so desperate for a movie to watch that I can bring my Pokemon movie.. :3
Reminds me a lot of the hotel I stayed at for new paltz in 8th grade. Whilst the Eagle Hill team was busy studying, pff. We (Wellwood) had an awesome long game of marco polo in the swimming pool. Betcha can't guess who went to nationals :). I remember that there was a fairly decent arcade a that place too, our room overlooked it. Of course, lots of hotels probably have arcades and pools, still a cool coincidence, can't remember if it was the Holiday Inn or not, maybe fmtiger remembers.
A new era has begun
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

The arcade there is amazing. We found a great way to milk the need for speed game- it gives you a free game if you win the race.
SO if keep playing the easiest race, you can soup-up your car with upgrades. Of course I lost right after we had made it awesome.
Also, don't feel bad, Random. We beat Eagle Hill most years, and we don't study at states. We swim and play video games.
And, Image
I now have 300 posts!! :D :D
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
Phenylethylamine
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Phenylethylamine »

RandomPerson52 wrote:Reminds me a lot of the hotel I stayed at for new paltz in 8th grade. Whilst the Eagle Hill team was busy studying, pff. We (Wellwood) had an awesome long game of marco polo in the swimming pool. Betcha can't guess who went to nationals :). I remember that there was a fairly decent arcade a that place too, our room overlooked it. Of course, lots of hotels probably have arcades and pools, still a cool coincidence, can't remember if it was the Holiday Inn or not, maybe fmtiger remembers.
I assume it must be the same hotel- how many hotels have rooms overlooking a central indoor courtyard thing with an arcade and pool?
Protein Modeling Event Supervisor 2015
MA State Science Olympiad Tournament
MIT Invitational Tournament
--
Ward Melville High School Science Olympiad 2010-2012
Paul J Gelinas JHS Science Olympiad 2007-2009
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

Yeah, it must be... I didn't even realize that!
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”