Michigan 2010

weisswurst
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by weisswurst »

Thanks for the information. My son competed in the Elevated Bridge event last year. His first year in SO. He took 5th. Not bad I though. His bridge looked great but was a little over engineered. He now knows more about trusses, and the forces acting on them, then I do. We stopped by to watch the Wright Stuff competion and I think he got hooked. His comment was "I want to do this next year. Heck, I can do better than these guys." Well, I guess we will see later this month in Dearborn. Thanks again for helping a coach(dad) who's still trying to learn this stuff.
Jest
Division: C

Post by Jest »

My team just clinched 1st place at regionals for the first time in 7 years. We put blood, sweat, and tears for this moment. It was quite beautiful.
winneratlife
Division: Grad

Post by winneratlife »

Jest wrote:My team just clinched 1st place at regionals for the first time in 7 years. We put blood, sweat, and tears for this moment. It was quite beautiful.
Good job. Have a cookie.

What region?

See you at states. (I really really hope)
Faythe

Post by Faythe »

I'm from michigan :]
We haven't had our regionals yet, but it's basically a fact we're going to states. We go every year and the other schools in our region are retarded. Haha.
I'm incredible at write it do it, I've been in science olympiad for four years, science olympiad is a lot of fun thoughhh haha.
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

Faythe wrote:I'm from michigan :]
We haven't had our regionals yet, but it's basically a fact we're going to states. We go every year and the other schools in our region are retarded. Haha.
I swear, I will LAUGH if you don't make states and lose to a "retarded" team...
Never be too harsh, cuz if you get pwned, you look like a really really big loser...

Jus' sayin'
Last edited by winneratlife on March 5th, 2010, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faythe

Post by Faythe »

No i'm sure we'll make it. Our team is really smart. Lol. What school do you go to?
I'm incredible at write it do it, I've been in science olympiad for four years, science olympiad is a lot of fun thoughhh haha.
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

Troy Athens...
Nobody promised you a spot though...
Just like nobody promises Grand Haven a spot...

You very likely making it and absolutely making it are two different things...
Your entire team could end up like Solon's Time team last year...
You could all be stuck in an elevator and get DQed for every event :lol:
Faythe

Post by Faythe »

Solan got stuck in an elevator?!? Lololololoolololol that's hillarious. They're the smartest team in the worlddd. It's because they're all Asians.
Yeah i hope that doesn't happen. Gee, why you gotta go all smart person on me like that? Lol. What grade are you in?
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

Faythe wrote:Solan got stuck in an elevator?!? Lololololoolololol that's hillarious. They're the smartest team in the worlddd. It's because they're all Asians.
Yeah i hope that doesn't happen. Gee, why you gotta go all smart person on me like that? Lol. What grade are you in?
Meh, I'm an overly harsh person... :oops:

Anyways...
The "Asians" stereotype kinda fails here, it holds at math, not Sci-O...
If Asians = win, I'd go to nats this year with Troy High and Grand Haven would be pretty close to last...

The questions seem a bit stalkerish?
If the next questions is "street address?"...
:lol:
sciolygirly

Post by sciolygirly »

I'm from region 3 and our regionals is on march 20th! I hope we make it! We have for like the last 9 years or something like that! We are really smart but we won't go to nationals. haha. Just be careful in crime busters though, me and my partner are really good! ha
Events HIstory: Crime Busters, Experimental Design, Wright Stuff, Pentathlon, Can't Judge a Powder, Compute This, Mousetrap Vehicle, Protein Modeling, Helicopters, Technical Problem Solving, Boomilever, Designer Genes, Forensics, Elastic Launch Glider, and MagLev.

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”