5th Awesome Aquifers
winneratlife
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by winneratlife »

GoNerdHerd wrote:Where will they be posted at?
I'm not sure, but I assume here: http://scioly.cns.msu.edu/
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

Official scores will be posted at both the state website: http://www.michiganso.org/ and the tournament website: http://scioly.cns.msu.edu/ Monday evening sometime after about 7:30 pm.

Jeff "The div. C guy..." Anderson,
brenns10 wrote:
JustDroobles wrote:<SNIP>it took out all the fun when you couldn't cheer for your team. <SNIP>
<SNIP>The div. C guy had the right idea: just talk right over the cheering. <SNIP>
PS, complaint noted, we'll work on that cheering stuff.
Livonia, MI
packer-backer91
Division: Grad

Post by packer-backer91 »

Well this was a good year for me to go out on, individually kept my streak alive [EVERY year with at least one medal], was a little disappointed with the result in Experimental Design with 18th but as one of my teammates thinks we got cheated out of a medal. I don’t we did good just there where many other teams that did much better I would have thought we would have been in the top 10 but I got over it. Speaking of Cheating I caught two teams cheating in Fossils [didn't report them]. I know the names of the teams but will not say them on here, its funny because one of the teams didn't need to cheat in order to do really well in the event [before the test started the peeked at the covered up fossil with questions was there infraction]. The other team was looking at my test and binder, not that my test could help them anyway . I turned my shoulder and fake coughed cheater so they could hear it and I heard one said “do you think he say me” wow, that was one of my favorite quotes I got from the weekend. I was happy for my brother getting to give out the First place medal for being an event supervisor for the second year in a row too.

My team got 27th with only 2 medals [x2 4th’s] we had too many events that bombs out in the high 30’s and 40’s. Anyone think rockets where ridicules this year? my team got 2:00 of time for 8th place that’s crazy considering 42seconds was good enough for 7th last year [feel bad for my teammate that came so close to getting a medal for his last too years].

Besides the two cheaters the only thing that was a negative for me was the announcer that said “can you follow directions as well as you can do the events” that is strait up Buzz Killington stuff [Family Guy reference].

Was everyone happy with how your team did at state? To bad I will never get to compete again unless they make a Div D lol.
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

packer-backer91 wrote:<SNIP> I was happy for my brother getting to give out the First place medal for being an event supervisor for the second year in a row too. <SNIP>
Was everyone happy with how your team did at state? To bad I will never get to compete again unless they make a Div D lol.
No need to miss all the fun, good event supervisors are ALWAYS needed, and former SO competitors understand how important they are. So, no need to miss out on the competition, when you are ready, join Div D by contacting your local regional and state tournaments and volunteer!!! Heck, I've got my daughter, a soon to graduate college SO alum running events, you can too!!!

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
Gooblah
Division: C

Post by Gooblah »

My team and I had a lot of fun with some post-event building.

If you were near the river around 3:30 - 4:30, you might have seen about seven kids playing around with paper boats, eventually progressing to a dowel raft (about 9" x 9") with a duct-tape deck, a mast with our team's flag, and a secondary flag, with one girl wading in the water near the mini-rapids/dam/ledge area, and about six people on the pedestrian bridge between Wells Hall and North Kedzie, downstream from the Farm Lane bridge....that was us.

We were bored and used our spare parts from Mousetrap to mess around until we got a passable device. It went about 30m (I think, but I'm not a very good estimator) downstream to the shallow area, where our team member picked it up, checked for structural integrity, and then released it again, where it dutifully survived the rapids, eventually getting snagged by our fishing-twine guide line on a branch. After some time, we recovered it and headed back to base...The whole thing stayed together, but the mast snapped since a knot in the twine created too much tension.

Fun times!

(oh, and my partner and I medaled in Remote Sensing! soooo happy)

Edit: I'm pretty sure practically the entire Iroquois Middle School team was there, so thanks for the support guys! :mrgreen: Loved the lime green.
Events: Remote Sensing, Chem. Lab, It's About Time, Dynamic Planet, Mission Possible, Env. Chem. The latter two I found out I had to do 4 weeks before Regionals. Fun, fun, fun.
JustDroobles

Post by JustDroobles »

Jest
Division: C

Post by Jest »

My team jumped from 29th last year to 17th this year, not too bad. Only got about 3 medals including 1 first. Pretty pigeon good year for us. Good luck to everyone next year!

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”