Michigan 2010

User avatar
brenns10
Member
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 3:05 pm
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by brenns10 » February 3rd, 2010, 7:57 pm

Jest wrote:Anyone going to Thornapple Kellog Invite?

I remember like 30 teams showing up last year.
Yep, I'm goin to TKSO. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seriously cramming now. Is it just me and I'm doomed for failure, or is everyone only semi-done studying their events?

Anywho, watch out for St. Joseph.

User avatar
Bogoradwee
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: January 19th, 2010, 1:47 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: Frankenmuth

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by Bogoradwee » February 4th, 2010, 1:52 pm

brenns10 wrote:
Jest wrote:Anyone going to Thornapple Kellog Invite?

I remember like 30 teams showing up last year.
Yep, I'm goin to TKSO. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seriously cramming now. Is it just me and I'm doomed for failure, or is everyone only semi-done studying their events?

Anywho, watch out for St. Joseph.
well you should never really be DONE studying.
Science Olympiad: Guessing and BSing our way to victory!
Btw, if you see me in IRC chat, I'm Exothermic
2009: I don't remember/ not very noteworthy.
2010: See above.
2011: Regionals- 3rd WIDI, 3rd Optics, 3rd Fossils, 3rd overall States- 4th WIDI

User avatar
brenns10
Member
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 3:05 pm
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by brenns10 » February 6th, 2010, 8:28 am

Ok so I'm sitting in the library of Thornapple Kellog, waiting for the Astronomy event and downloading as much as possible. Any suggestions on last minute studies? Or is anybody else even on around here?

wtf_its_sean
Member
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: February 6th, 2010, 4:41 pm
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by wtf_its_sean » February 6th, 2010, 5:01 pm

LOL hi Stephen.
we got 9th in Astronomy so good job! We got 7th overall
2010 Events
Dynamic Planet
Ornithology
Remote Sensing

User avatar
Bogoradwee
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: January 19th, 2010, 1:47 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: Frankenmuth

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by Bogoradwee » February 14th, 2010, 10:59 am

Any opinions of the Frankenmuth Invitational?
Science Olympiad: Guessing and BSing our way to victory!
Btw, if you see me in IRC chat, I'm Exothermic
2009: I don't remember/ not very noteworthy.
2010: See above.
2011: Regionals- 3rd WIDI, 3rd Optics, 3rd Fossils, 3rd overall States- 4th WIDI

User avatar
JustDroobles
Member
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: February 9th, 2009, 3:28 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: WI

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by JustDroobles » February 14th, 2010, 12:42 pm

I thought the Frankenmuth invitational was great, especially with 40 schools there. All of my tests were by the rules and well run, and even more they had a bunch of cool stuff to pass the time like Rock Band, Pentathlon, and Science Olympiad Feud. The only complaint I had was them stuffing our team into one tiny table in the cafeteria... we only had ten team members and there wasn't enough room. That's a really small complaint compared to how smoothly the rest of the competition went.

User avatar
Bogoradwee
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: January 19th, 2010, 1:47 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: Frankenmuth

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by Bogoradwee » February 17th, 2010, 12:55 pm

JustDroobles wrote:I thought the Frankenmuth invitational was great, especially with 40 schools there. All of my tests were by the rules and well run, and even more they had a bunch of cool stuff to pass the time like Rock Band, Pentathlon, and Science Olympiad Feud. The only complaint I had was them stuffing our team into one tiny table in the cafeteria... we only had ten team members and there wasn't enough room. That's a really small complaint compared to how smoothly the rest of the competition went.
keep in mind that we had to situate more people than the number of students in our school (or close to it. idk for sure) so seating was quite difficult.
Science Olympiad: Guessing and BSing our way to victory!
Btw, if you see me in IRC chat, I'm Exothermic
2009: I don't remember/ not very noteworthy.
2010: See above.
2011: Regionals- 3rd WIDI, 3rd Optics, 3rd Fossils, 3rd overall States- 4th WIDI

User avatar
packer-backer91
Member
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: December 20th, 2007, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: chillin with Walter White

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by packer-backer91 » February 17th, 2010, 6:31 pm

is there any way I could get some of the test from that Inv.? We were supposed to go to the WOSO one and it was way to late for our school to sign up to go to any of the others. If possible I would like the Fossils, Env Chem, and the materials from experimental Design [running out of stuff to use].
Image
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss

sisomg11
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: February 17th, 2010, 6:46 pm
Division: C
State: OH

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by sisomg11 » February 17th, 2010, 6:52 pm

I was personally a bit disappointed in the Frankenmuth Tournament. The Forensics and Chem Lab tests had no lab portions, which seems a bit odd, the Astronomy had no picture questions and very few math problems, and other problems seemed to occur to my teammates as well. There was an addition mistake in the scoring for Experimental Design, nationals only material on the Anatomy test, and a few other complaints I can't remember. The school was nice, and the organizers seemed to be trying to make everything work, but I wish that the tests would have stuck a little closer to the official rules of what they are supposed to cover. Also, what was the Science Olympiad Feud (and where): we were looking for it but couldn't find it?
2007(B):Solar System, Tower Building
2008(C):Food Chemistry, Rocks and Minerals, Fermi Questions, Disease Detectives (as a backup in case of conflicts)
2009:Environmental Chemistry, Forensics, Astronomy, TPS (as backup)
2010:Chem Lab, Environmental Chemistry, Forensics, Astronomy, Picture This

User avatar
Bogoradwee
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: January 19th, 2010, 1:47 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: Frankenmuth

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by Bogoradwee » February 18th, 2010, 12:48 pm

sisomg11 wrote:I was personally a bit disappointed in the Frankenmuth Tournament. The Forensics and Chem Lab tests had no lab portions, which seems a bit odd, the Astronomy had no picture questions and very few math problems, and other problems seemed to occur to my teammates as well. There was an addition mistake in the scoring for Experimental Design, nationals only material on the Anatomy test, and a few other complaints I can't remember. The school was nice, and the organizers seemed to be trying to make everything work, but I wish that the tests would have stuck a little closer to the official rules of what they are supposed to cover. Also, what was the Science Olympiad Feud (and where): we were looking for it but couldn't find it?
As for the individual events, Frankenmuth did not write any of them. And the Feud was in the auditorium while we waited for scores to be calculated.
Science Olympiad: Guessing and BSing our way to victory!
Btw, if you see me in IRC chat, I'm Exothermic
2009: I don't remember/ not very noteworthy.
2010: See above.
2011: Regionals- 3rd WIDI, 3rd Optics, 3rd Fossils, 3rd overall States- 4th WIDI

Locked

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest