Michigan 2010

brenns10
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by brenns10 »

Jest wrote:Anyone going to Thornapple Kellog Invite?

I remember like 30 teams showing up last year.
Yep, I'm goin to TKSO. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seriously cramming now. Is it just me and I'm doomed for failure, or is everyone only semi-done studying their events?

Anywho, watch out for St. Joseph.
Bogoradwee
Division: Grad

Post by Bogoradwee »

brenns10 wrote:
Jest wrote:Anyone going to Thornapple Kellog Invite?

I remember like 30 teams showing up last year.
Yep, I'm goin to TKSO. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seriously cramming now. Is it just me and I'm doomed for failure, or is everyone only semi-done studying their events?

Anywho, watch out for St. Joseph.
well you should never really be DONE studying.
Science Olympiad: Guessing and BSing our way to victory!
Btw, if you see me in IRC chat, I'm Exothermic
2009: I don't remember/ not very noteworthy.
2010: See above.
2011: Regionals- 3rd WIDI, 3rd Optics, 3rd Fossils, 3rd overall States- 4th WIDI
brenns10

Post by brenns10 »

Ok so I'm sitting in the library of Thornapple Kellog, waiting for the Astronomy event and downloading as much as possible. Any suggestions on last minute studies? Or is anybody else even on around here?
wtf_its_sean

Post by wtf_its_sean »

LOL hi Stephen.
we got 9th in Astronomy so good job! We got 7th overall
2010 Events
Dynamic Planet
Ornithology
Remote Sensing
Bogoradwee

Post by Bogoradwee »

Any opinions of the Frankenmuth Invitational?
2011: Regionals- 3rd WIDI, 3rd Optics, 3rd Fossils, 3rd overall States- 4th WIDI
JustDroobles

Post by JustDroobles »

I thought the Frankenmuth invitational was great, especially with 40 schools there. All of my tests were by the rules and well run, and even more they had a bunch of cool stuff to pass the time like Rock Band, Pentathlon, and Science Olympiad Feud. The only complaint I had was them stuffing our team into one tiny table in the cafeteria... we only had ten team members and there wasn't enough room. That's a really small complaint compared to how smoothly the rest of the competition went.
Bogoradwee

Post by Bogoradwee »

JustDroobles wrote:I thought the Frankenmuth invitational was great, especially with 40 schools there. All of my tests were by the rules and well run, and even more they had a bunch of cool stuff to pass the time like Rock Band, Pentathlon, and Science Olympiad Feud. The only complaint I had was them stuffing our team into one tiny table in the cafeteria... we only had ten team members and there wasn't enough room. That's a really small complaint compared to how smoothly the rest of the competition went.
keep in mind that we had to situate more people than the number of students in our school (or close to it. idk for sure) so seating was quite difficult.
packer-backer91

Post by packer-backer91 »

is there any way I could get some of the test from that Inv.? We were supposed to go to the WOSO one and it was way to late for our school to sign up to go to any of the others. If possible I would like the Fossils, Env Chem, and the materials from experimental Design [running out of stuff to use].
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
sisomg11
State: OH

Post by sisomg11 »

I was personally a bit disappointed in the Frankenmuth Tournament. The Forensics and Chem Lab tests had no lab portions, which seems a bit odd, the Astronomy had no picture questions and very few math problems, and other problems seemed to occur to my teammates as well. There was an addition mistake in the scoring for Experimental Design, nationals only material on the Anatomy test, and a few other complaints I can't remember. The school was nice, and the organizers seemed to be trying to make everything work, but I wish that the tests would have stuck a little closer to the official rules of what they are supposed to cover. Also, what was the Science Olympiad Feud (and where): we were looking for it but couldn't find it?
2007(B):Solar System, Tower Building
2008(C):Food Chemistry, Rocks and Minerals, Fermi Questions, Disease Detectives (as a backup in case of conflicts)
2009:Environmental Chemistry, Forensics, Astronomy, TPS (as backup)
2010:Chem Lab, Environmental Chemistry, Forensics, Astronomy, Picture This
Bogoradwee

Post by Bogoradwee »

sisomg11 wrote:I was personally a bit disappointed in the Frankenmuth Tournament. The Forensics and Chem Lab tests had no lab portions, which seems a bit odd, the Astronomy had no picture questions and very few math problems, and other problems seemed to occur to my teammates as well. There was an addition mistake in the scoring for Experimental Design, nationals only material on the Anatomy test, and a few other complaints I can't remember. The school was nice, and the organizers seemed to be trying to make everything work, but I wish that the tests would have stuck a little closer to the official rules of what they are supposed to cover. Also, what was the Science Olympiad Feud (and where): we were looking for it but couldn't find it?
As for the individual events, Frankenmuth did not write any of them. And the Feud was in the auditorium while we waited for scores to be calculated.

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”