Michigan 2010

brenns10
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michigan 2010

Post by brenns10 »

Hey, sitting at Kedzie right now waiting for Mission Possible to start. I saw a lot of great machines at the Demo hall, so good job everyone. I wish I was as talented at building stuff.
Needless to say, my machine won't be the highlight of the day.
Good luck everyone today!
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

Good luck to ALL the competitors at MSU today! Remember to have fun too.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
brenns10

Post by brenns10 »

Congrats to everyone who participated. It was a fun day. Big congrats to first place winners Grand Haven whose B and C teams will be representing us at nationals. Best of luck to them. Also, in division C West Ottawa was in 2nd, also earning a spot at nationals. And last, to Saint Joseph HS, my team, congrats on the new award for most improved. It was a fun year, can't wait for next.
winneratlife
Division: Grad

Post by winneratlife »

brenns10 wrote:Also, in division C West Ottawa was in 2nd, also earning a spot at nationals.
Yeah, that surprised me...

MY TEAM GOT 1 MEDAL! WTF!

It could've easily been 4, but:

a) Senior Prom was that day
b) Fed Challenge in Chicago was the day before
c) I FORGOT AN IMPOUND! NOOOOOOOO
JustDroobles

Post by JustDroobles »

I had a fun time at state this year! My events were well run and very challenging. I definitely had a good experience overall... That being said, I'm going to start complaining.

I was upset by the way they handled awards this year - it took out all the fun when you couldn't cheer for your team. By the time everyone got on stage, the moment was gone. Did anyone else feel like this? Even going up for medals didn't feel exciting because it was like nobody cared.

Does anyone know why Division B WIDI got thrown out? What did you hear from people in the event?
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

JustDroobles wrote:I had a fun time at state this year! My events were well run and very challenging. I definitely had a good experience overall... That being said, I'm going to start complaining.

I was upset by the way they handled awards this year - it took out all the fun when you couldn't cheer for your team. By the time everyone got on stage, the moment was gone. Did anyone else feel like this? Even going up for medals didn't feel exciting because it was like nobody cared.

Does anyone know why Division B WIDI got thrown out? What did you hear from people in the event?
I noticed that feeling too. Of course, my team got only 1 medal, so I didn't really care, but the entire room seemed subdued after that woman started...uh...to put it nicely "yelling" (I think you know the word I want to use) "IF YOU COULD PLEASE HOLD YOUR APPLAUSE SO THAT OTHERS CAN HEAR" (I mean, come on...there's a frickin' screen with the names of the winners on it!)

I really don't know why WIDI got thrown out...
Epicfail

Post by Epicfail »

winneratlife wrote:Does anyone know why Division B WIDI got thrown out? What did you hear from people in the event?
WIDI got thrown out because the supervisor gave the people different cards. they were using princess cards and each person got a DIFFERENT stack of the deck. so since they didn't have the same cards the scoring wasn't fair...
brenns10

Post by brenns10 »

JustDroobles wrote:I was upset by the way they handled awards this year - it took out all the fun when you couldn't cheer for your team. By the time everyone got on stage, the moment was gone. Did anyone else feel like this? Even going up for medals didn't feel exciting because it was like nobody cared.
I agree, but at the same time I wanted to get out of there asap b/c it BLAZING HOT in there, and I had a 2 hr drive home. The div. C guy had the right idea: just talk right over the cheering. Everybody gets the idea, nobody is angry b/c you yelled at them, everybody's happy...
But yes, it removes the fun when you can't cheer for your team... we did anyway!
winneratlife wrote:MY TEAM GOT 1 MEDAL! WTF!

It could've easily been 4, but:

a) Senior Prom was that day
b) Fed Challenge in Chicago was the day before
c) I FORGOT AN IMPOUND! NOOOOOOOO
Wow, missed an impound. THat sucks. I could have missed my impound and it wouldn't have mattered... ;)
GoNerdHerd
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: B

Post by GoNerdHerd »

Where can I find the results from the 2010 state tournament?
2010 Regionals
1st Dynamic Planet
4th Meteorology
8th Can't Judge A Powder

2011 Regionals
2nd Meteorology
5th Compute This
6th Battery Buggy

2012 Regionals
1st Meteorology
4th Disease Detectives
5th Awesome Aquifers
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

GoNerdHerd wrote:Where can I find the results from the 2010 state tournament?
They will be posted 48 hours after the competition, or at around 8:30 at night tomorrow. Don't quote me on that.

A tentative copy was also handed to the MI coaches (my coach didn't pick one up :o ) after the ceremony.

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”