Illinois 2010

SO4L
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2010

Post by SO4L » March 15th, 2010, 6:10 am

IMSA is definitely not the best team besides new trier. I have a friend from stevenson who said their entire varsity was "jv" and jv was "varsity" at Loyola because of some accidental screw up and thus their jv team didnt compete against any of the varsity teams there. HOWEVER, after looking at the compiled list of team rankings of varsity and jv placings combined my coach realized that their jv beat out the everyone except New trier.
We were wondering why Stevenson didn't do as well. I still think that they're better than IMSA this year. At the College of DuPage Regional, the IMSA team seemed to be really enthusiastic about competing and they won it. Now, there's no scores to prove that Stevenson is better but I'm rooting for them; we'll have to see who does better at State.
2010 State_Nationals
Ornithology - 2nd, 11th
Picture This - 7th, 16h
Ecology - 6th, 15th
Mission Possible - 1st, 12th

2011 State_Nationals
Ornithology - 6th, 9th
Towers - 2nd, 16th
Protein Modeling - 1st, 6th
Mission Possible - 1st, 9th

masterhat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by masterhat » March 18th, 2010, 2:16 pm

lllazar wrote:It's really frustrating to want to go to Nationals but you can't because your team has no chance against schools like New Trier and IMSA...
You should try to beat them in your individual events! If everyone on your team works as hard as you, then you can beat IMSA and New Trier and go to Nationals

The only reason that New Trier is so good is that they put a lot of time and effort into every event. I feel like anyone can give them a run for their money (in fact, when NT competes nationally, they do not do extremely well)

foranatdis
Division: C

Post by foranatdis » March 18th, 2010, 9:46 pm

masterhat wrote:
lllazar wrote:It's really frustrating to want to go to Nationals but you can't because your team has no chance against schools like New Trier and IMSA...
You should try to beat them in your individual events! If everyone on your team works as hard as you, then you can beat IMSA and New Trier and go to Nationals

The only reason that New Trier is so good is that they put a lot of time and effort into every event. I feel like anyone can give them a run for their money (in fact, when NT competes nationally, they do not do extremely well)

Are you kidding me? New Trier does extremely well at nationals- they got 9th last year, so if 9th at nationals isn't good enough for you i don't know wat is. If you haven't taken a national test, it's way harder than state tests- the fact that new trier can even do well taking these tests is impressive. Even though I also see New Trier as a rival school, at least I have respect for their accomplishments and don't forget they also represent the state of Illinois!

Earthsci_dude

Post by Earthsci_dude » March 18th, 2010, 10:10 pm

foranatdis wrote:
masterhat wrote:

Are you kidding me? New Trier does extremely well at nationals- they got 9th last year, so if 9th at nationals isn't good enough for you i don't know wat is. If you haven't taken a national test, it's way harder than state tests- the fact that new trier can even do well taking these tests is impressive. Even though I also see New Trier as a rival school, at least I have respect for their accomplishments and don't forget they also represent the state of Illinois!

I think masterhat was just giving an example of how new trier is in fact beatable. Once a team puts in the time and effort those 8 teams do, then new trier may finally be brought down by an Illinois team. I'm sure both new trier and masterhat are both proud of getting 9th at nationals, but I'm also sure they want to improve on that.

I know alot of people despise new trier because of their greatness, but personally I have alot of respect for them. I have no idea how one gets 70 or so kids so interested and motivated for such a long time. At my school we have about 20 kids of varying interest, with little motivation until the week before. Also, if i'm going to get beat, I want to get beat by the best. So i'll root for new trier at nationals because they represent Illinois.
[MCC SO - '04, '05, '06] [NN SO - '07, '08, '09, '10]

glue boy.

spunkypurple
Division: B

Post by spunkypurple » March 20th, 2010, 9:04 am

well, i'm at the benedictine regionals right now- compute this was EASY & now i'm waiting for disease detectives to start. kennedy is here and they're lookin fierce... haha well yeah you can tell im kinda nervous...
McCracken SciOly '08, '09, '10
Events 08: Disease Detectives, Anatomy, Science Word
Events 09: Disease Detectives, Anatomy, Trajectory, Dynamic Planet
Events 10: Disease Detectives, Compute This, Trajectory, Dynamic Planet

THAT'S WHAT BLOMQUIST SAID!
PYROS UNITE!

courage7856

Post by courage7856 » March 20th, 2010, 11:47 am

spunkypurple wrote:well, i'm at the benedictine regionals right now- compute this was EASY & now i'm waiting for disease detectives to start. kennedy is here and they're lookin fierce... haha well yeah you can tell im kinda nervous...
Good luck with your events! Kennedy is a pretty good school, you have to admit. Who's thinking they'll end up going to nats.?
There once was a group of teens
Who were lean mean science machines.
They liked to win medals,
when everything settles
and their favorite color was green.

2012: Forestry, Forensics, Water Quality, R and M

guerillagorilla
Division: B

Post by guerillagorilla » March 24th, 2010, 1:43 pm

I DO! But the thing is, I'm from Kennedy....
Image---Illinois
Go Kennedy Eagles!!!!

lllazar
Location: Probably at my laptop, multitasking while on AJAX chat....

Post by lllazar » March 25th, 2010, 10:12 am

State is in about 2 weeks guys...im kinda freakin out about fossils :oops:
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?

lllazar
Location: Probably at my laptop, multitasking while on AJAX chat....

Post by lllazar » March 25th, 2010, 10:14 am

courage7856 wrote:
spunkypurple wrote:well, i'm at the benedictine regionals right now- compute this was EASY & now i'm waiting for disease detectives to start. kennedy is here and they're lookin fierce... haha well yeah you can tell im kinda nervous...
Good luck with your events! Kennedy is a pretty good school, you have to admit. Who's thinking they'll end up going to nats.?
Srry for the double post...but whos doing fossils for ur team? Are they good?
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?

courage7856

Post by courage7856 » March 26th, 2010, 9:30 am

lllazar wrote:
courage7856 wrote:
Srry for the double post...but whos doing fossils for ur team? Are they good?
For me, I like the people doing fossils a lot, but they aren't that great. They were Rocks and Minerals people. I've been helping them study actually.
There once was a group of teens
Who were lean mean science machines.
They liked to win medals,
when everything settles
and their favorite color was green.

2012: Forestry, Forensics, Water Quality, R and M

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”