Illinois 2010

lllazar
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2010

Post by lllazar »

Man....our regionals are SO easy....and the really sad part is that this is the town where, not only state, but NATIONALS will be held....

None of the schools actually study that well and for build its...people procrastinate way too much. I feel like i have a really good chance of doing well in fossils at state...i sure as pigeon want to :)

Thats one event i feel psyched about...
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?
masterhat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by masterhat »

Any predictions for top 3 at state?
Earthsci_dude

Post by Earthsci_dude »

masterhat wrote:Any predictions for top 3 at state?
I haven't seen how naperville central has faired this year in comparison to the other schools yet. The state is new trier's to win, there seems to be no real threat this year (except possibly naperville C). Also, there isn't a clearcut 2nd nationals team either. IMSA and crystal lake seem to be doing pretty well this year, but not exceptional. Stevenson isnt as good as last year, and the niles teams, hinsdale teams, and the other naperville team dont seem good enough to advance.

So until i hear how well naperville central does compared to IMSA at regionals, this is how i see it playing out

1st - new trier
2nd - naperville central
3rd - IMSA
4th - crystal lake central
5th - niles north :D (why not have confidence with 5 weeks left?....)
[MCC SO - '04, '05, '06] [NN SO - '07, '08, '09, '10]

glue boy.
masterhat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by masterhat »

I would have said:
1- New Trier
2- IMSA
3- Stevenson (but I haven't seen them much this year so I don't really know)

Also, I haven't heard much about Naperville Central so what's their deal? (how have they been doing?)
masterhat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by masterhat »

IMSA has really stepped up their game this year. In the past they have been okay with the building events, but this year they have improved a lot, I see them doing exceptionally at the state competition (but still not getting close to NT)
courage7856

Post by courage7856 »

New Trier will definitely be near the top. IMSA is really dominating this year. I've seen Stevenson a lot, and I think they might be closely behind. IMSA will be close to going to nationals, if they don't make it. I put them at 3rd or 4th. I don't think Naperville Central or Niles will do as well as they have in the past. I am from Crystal Lake (not Central) so I will refrain from commenting on their performance.
There once was a group of teens
Who were lean mean science machines.
They liked to win medals,
when everything settles
and their favorite color was green.

2012: Forestry, Forensics, Water Quality, R and M
Earthsci_dude

Post by Earthsci_dude »

You're right about IMSA being quite improved this year. They're the best Illinois team i've seen this year besides New Trier, but they still don't seem as good as past years' national qualifiers. At loyola, IMSA beat Crystal Lake by only 1 point, and they wern't too far ahead of niles west, hinsdale central, and other teams. And about Naperville, until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume Naperville Central is as good as they've been in past years, which is pretty good.
Stevenson didn't fair too great at the loyola invite, but I guess we can't assume that they had their full varsity team there for comparison.

I guess we'll find out more this weekend, since Naperville Central and IMSA are both at the same regional. Stevenson and Crystal Lake are also going head-to-head at a different regional this saturday. So My prediction may change after this weekend depending on who wins at the COD regional.
[MCC SO - '04, '05, '06] [NN SO - '07, '08, '09, '10]

glue boy.
courage7856

Post by courage7856 »

Earthsci_dude wrote:You're right about IMSA being quite improved this year. They're the best Illinois team i've seen this year besides New Trier, but they still don't seem as good as past years' national qualifiers. At loyola, IMSA beat Crystal Lake by only 1 point, and they wern't too far ahead of niles west, hinsdale central, and other teams. And about Naperville, until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume Naperville Central is as good as they've been in past years, which is pretty good.
Stevenson didn't fair too great at the loyola invite, but I guess we can't assume that they had their full varsity team there for comparison.

I guess we'll find out more this weekend, since Naperville Central and IMSA are both at the same regional. Stevenson and Crystal Lake are also going head-to-head at a different regional this saturday. So My prediction may change after this weekend depending on who wins at the COD regional.
Yup. I'm going up against Stevenson and Central. No offense to Central, but I think Stevenson is going to get this one. IMSA really is doing better than I thought. Better than last year for sure.
There once was a group of teens
Who were lean mean science machines.
They liked to win medals,
when everything settles
and their favorite color was green.

2012: Forestry, Forensics, Water Quality, R and M
xrvn
Division: C

Post by xrvn »

SO4L

Post by SO4L »

That was our Freshman team from last year, they were louder than usual.
2010 State_Nationals
Ornithology - 2nd, 11th
Picture This - 7th, 16h
Ecology - 6th, 15th
Mission Possible - 1st, 12th

2011 State_Nationals
Ornithology - 6th, 9th
Towers - 2nd, 16th
Protein Modeling - 1st, 6th
Mission Possible - 1st, 9th

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”