Illinois 2010

courage7856
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2010

Post by courage7856 »

Adding to the good luck! Let's spread it around. I'm leaving after 4th period, so I wanted to wish everyone luck. I hope everyone gets medals! I'll be doing Geocaching and Model This as trial events. Good luck at state to all Illinois SciOlyians! I know everyone will do great.

And lllazar, I know you've been working hard for fossils, so I'll be cheering you on. :D
There once was a group of teens
Who were lean mean science machines.
They liked to win medals,
when everything settles
and their favorite color was green.

2012: Forestry, Forensics, Water Quality, R and M
chia

Post by chia »

Michael_Pang wrote:Naperville Central!! :D
hey... i thought your name sounded familiar! (i'm the other freshman on your team, the one that isn't kjhsscioly =P)
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
lllazar
Division: C

Post by lllazar »

courage7856 wrote:Adding to the good luck! Let's spread it around. I'm leaving after 4th period, so I wanted to wish everyone luck. I hope everyone gets medals! I'll be doing Geocaching and Model This as trial events. Good luck at state to all Illinois SciOlyians! I know everyone will do great.

And lllazar, I know you've been working hard for fossils, so I'll be cheering you on. :D
Haha, thanks! Sadly i don't get to miss school cause i live in Champaign, but its all good....at least no traveling expenses.

But ya, good luck to everyone, don't let the competition get to your head and remember: have fun!
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?
AntiPang

Post by AntiPang »

Hi,

I'm AntiPang! :twisted: (If you hadn't guessed.. :? )
I've been around here quite a few times, but I've never posted and I think introducing myself before the state competition is a good idea :lol:

Well anyways, my events are Remote Sensing, Astronomy, Disease Detectives, and Fossils! Does anyone else have these events :?: :?:

Let me know! :D :D
lllazar

Post by lllazar »

AntiPang wrote:Hi,

I'm AntiPang! :twisted: (If you hadn't guessed.. :? )
I've been around here quite a few times, but I've never posted and I think introducing myself before the state competition is a good idea :lol:

Well anyways, my events are Remote Sensing, Astronomy, Disease Detectives, and Fossils! Does anyone else have these events :?: :?:

Let me know! :D :D
Wat the heck....
2011 Season Events~

lllazar

Post by lllazar »

Tommorows state guys....i am so psyched. Being in 6 events is kinda hectic though...
2011 Season Events~

lllazar

Post by lllazar »

STATES OVER. And, seriously, i did NOT expect us to get 1st, even though we were in Div A...(Div AA was higher and Div A was lower)

Congrats to everyone else who medaled and go New Trier, Stevenson, Marie Murphie, and South, your going to NATIONALS!!!

I medaled 1st in fossils in A and 1st in Elevated Bridge in A and Overall...towers is gonna be fun next year :)\

Again, congrats, it was a great state tournament. And New Trier, if any of you are here, i raised a smoothy king large cup to you when you guys were taking pics on stage after winning.
2011 Season Events~

fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

lllazar wrote:STATES OVER. And, seriously, i did NOT expect us to get 1st, even though we were in Div A...(Div AA was higher and Div A was lower)

Congrats to everyone else who medaled and go New Trier, Stevenson, Marie Murphie, and South, your going to NATIONALS!!!

I medaled 1st in fossils in A and 1st in Elevated Bridge in A and Overall...towers is gonna be fun next year :)\

Again, congrats, it was a great state tournament. And New Trier, if any of you are here, i raised a smoothy king large cup to you when you guys were taking pics on stage after winning.
Being a non-illinoisian, what exactly are div A and div AA?
lllazar

Post by lllazar »

fmtiger124 wrote:
lllazar wrote:STATES OVER. And, seriously, i did NOT expect us to get 1st, even though we were in Div A...(Div AA was higher and Div A was lower)

Being a non-illinoisian, what exactly are div A and div AA?
Well, to make it slightly easier for less advantaged and poorer schools, and also just schools were most kids dont study till week before, the state of illinois spilts the teams in half, into Division A and AA. This is done for both B and C, A is lower and AA is higher.

I personally am dedicated and cant wait for next year cause im pretty sure we're gonna be AA...no chance for the team to get anywhere, but more stiff competition for me and other dedicated people to see how good we really are...
2011 Season Events~

courage7856

Post by courage7856 »

Congrats on the medals! You guys actually did really good. I saw you didn't have a fossil partner. Did you compete on your own? What were the tests like, particularily Fossils? I've heard mixed things.

I didn't do totally bad, but my team had a hard day. There was a certain incident at the hotel the night before resulting in angry coaches, and that got everyone down. My school did horrible. I was on of our 3 medal winners, and we came in 15th overall. The announcers always do this annoying "Crystal Lake *pause* Central!" It drives us crazy.
There once was a group of teens
Who were lean mean science machines.
They liked to win medals,
when everything settles
and their favorite color was green.

2012: Forestry, Forensics, Water Quality, R and M

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”