Illinois 2010

chia
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2010

Post by chia »

yes, we HAVE gone to nationals before, which is why i think we can again. so i will do my best to do just that. and i know kjhsscioly will too -pokes- :)
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
Kroo
Division: C

Post by Kroo »

Yup, we were right.
We got 8th place in Astro, not 30th. Meaning we were ~10 points from nationals.
D: D: D:
Haha, same scenario as our 7th grade year from Kennedy. 2 points away there. Next year we made it~ hopefully the same happens again :D
kjhsscioly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by kjhsscioly »

lllazar wrote:
chia wrote:yep, imsa and naperville central are all asians ('cept me :lol: )
i hope we can step it up next year, not that i don't want imsa to do well, but i really want to go to nationals at least once in my life :(
And i wanna go to Nationals...o wait...

Ya, its kinda harsh. Knowing you'll never go to nats...sigh. O well, thats why i make it my personal vendetta to kill state. So you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout im telling you why.

Champaign centrals comingggg to div aa....

But ya, didnt naperville go to nats like 2 years ago?
Naperville has, but Chia and I were at the middle school, which also went to nats. I was on the team there too, so I went to Washington DC... I got pretty close to medaling...
masterhat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by masterhat »

Kroo wrote:
chia wrote:AUGH! scioly can't be OVER! :cry:

boy, did we epic fail. we (naperville central) got 4th... i think we pretty much always get at least third, but this year 7 of our 15 team members were seniors... maybe they succumbed to senioritis? :| my only medal was a 2nd place in anatomy (yay! my partner was a super awesome junior); i had honestly been expecting a medal in ornithology, but somehow we got 8th (kjhsscioly was dying for some reason).
well, we hope to do better next year... i know i did my best, at any rate.
also: kennedy... :o you guys need to step it up! how could you get 5th place? :cry:
and good job to IMSA! (i mean this sincerely) :)
*sigh* We, IMSA, really wished we could've gone to nats this year~ There are some rumors we're going to lose our coaches 'cause we didn't get to nationals :( :(
Some technicality errors possible though... We were 31 or so places behind Stevenson, and one of our usually very-high placing events (Astro) got 30th, even though the person doing placed like usual (medaled) in his other 2 events. We're pretty sure it was a mistake, or something along those lines...
But anyways, it's all good. State was fun, as always. Naperville North and Central as well as IMSA had a bunch of bombing events =/ But we have a good feeling about next year... as long as we still have a coach :o Time to beat New Trier! (laughs)
It really would be sooo bad if you would lose your coaches (but those are probably just rumors right?). IMSA's coach (the asian lady with curly hair) has written the best Chem Lab test that I've seen all year.
LabRat

Post by LabRat »

Congrats to all the winners! Did anyone post a scan of the results sheet, the one that lists more than the top few?
SO4L

Post by SO4L »

I just need to say that 2010 was a great year for Illinois. Both of our teams were basically top 10 at Nationals.
2010 State_Nationals
Ornithology - 2nd, 11th
Picture This - 7th, 16h
Ecology - 6th, 15th
Mission Possible - 1st, 12th

2011 State_Nationals
Ornithology - 6th, 9th
Towers - 2nd, 16th
Protein Modeling - 1st, 6th
Mission Possible - 1st, 9th
lllazar

Post by lllazar »

SO4L wrote:I just need to say that 2010 was a great year for Illinois. Both of our teams were basically top 10 at Nationals.
Yes, very nice job New Trier! 6th place in the Nation...very impressive.

And didn't stevenson get 11th? I guess that's why u said basically, lol...and btw, i think your in New Trier, so i just wanted to congratulate your bridge team on 7th....i think they got 1300 or something, which was a huge improvement from state where they got 850ish :)
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?
salcedam

Post by salcedam »

lllazar wrote:
SO4L wrote:I just need to say that 2010 was a great year for Illinois. Both of our teams were basically top 10 at Nationals.

And didn't stevenson get 11th? I guess that's why u said basically, lol...and btw, i think your in New Trier, so i just wanted to congratulate your bridge team on 7th....i think they got 1300 or something, which was a huge improvement from state where they got 850ish :)
This year was great! Yes, Stevenson got 11th which is awesome! Our bridge got 1338, VERY much improved from State. We did better in general with our building events this year. Typically, our building events suffer, but I'm proud of the efforts our team made to improve. :D
2011 - 2012 Season Results:
Whiting, IN - Astro (1st), 4N6 (2nd), Fermi (2nd)
Boyceville, WI - Astro (3rd), 4N6 (1st)
Belvidere, IL - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (2nd)
WSU, OH - 4N6 (12th)
Loyola, IL - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (1st), TPS (3rd)
OCC Regional - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (1st)
UCF Nationals - 4N6 (8th)
foranatdis

Post by foranatdis »

salcedam wrote:
lllazar wrote:

This year was great! Yes, Stevenson got 11th which is awesome! Our bridge got 1338, VERY much improved from State. We did better in general with our building events this year. Typically, our building events suffer, but I'm proud of the efforts our team made to improve. :D
whooo STEvenson!!! haha im pretty surprised u guys from new trier think its pretty awesome we did well- state pride i guess- we were only expecting to place within the top 3rd too....o well it turned out better than we imagined i guess :) I'm surprised I placed at nats too o well it doesnt matter anyway-done w/ senior year!!- AHH kudos to u guys New trier- u guys are beastly like always and amazing :D i gotta admit our team is secretly pretty jealous of u guys haha- lol hi5 from stevenson- GO ILLINOIS!!
salcedam

Post by salcedam »

foranatdis wrote:
salcedam wrote:
lllazar wrote:

whooo STEvenson!!! haha im pretty surprised u guys from new trier think its pretty awesome we did well- state pride i guess- we were only expecting to place within the top 3rd too....o well it turned out better than we imagined i guess :) I'm surprised I placed at nats too o well it doesnt matter anyway-done w/ senior year!!- AHH kudos to u guys New trier- u guys are beastly like always and amazing :D i gotta admit our team is secretly pretty jealous of u guys haha- lol hi5 from stevenson- GO ILLINOIS!!
Hahaha! Both New Trier and Stevenson are there to represent Illinois, man! Of COURSE I think it's awesome that you guys did so well! :D

Ah...you're a senior, eh? Enjoy your college life! I still have two more years goin' for me until I go off to college...XD

Kudos to you again, Stevenson. Don't think you guys aren't beastly too! ^_^

*High-fives* ILLINOIS OWNS! :mrgreen:
2011 - 2012 Season Results:
Whiting, IN - Astro (1st), 4N6 (2nd), Fermi (2nd)
Boyceville, WI - Astro (3rd), 4N6 (1st)
Belvidere, IL - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (2nd)
WSU, OH - 4N6 (12th)
Loyola, IL - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (1st), TPS (3rd)
OCC Regional - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (1st)
UCF Nationals - 4N6 (8th)

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”