Illinois 2010

lllazar
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2010

Post by lllazar »

courage7856 wrote: Wow. I was sitting behind you guys, at the top of that section of bleachers to your right. Our school was just having a bad day. We're not usually like that. And I am South, not Cental. It's annoying that they always do that for Central. We always think we might have the medal, and then we don't. There's been times when we thought it was Central who won, and then we have a really delayed reaction. There's a group of twins on my team, and that happened to them in 3 events. They were furious. I've heard a lot of really good things about the tests this year. Last year was pretty bad. Can't wait to compete against you in Fossils next year! Now, where to get a good partner? Hm. . .

Also, congrats to Aeri in Ecology. I heard the test was pretty fun. More applications, and not just definitions. Is that true?

I just checked the State website, and none of the results are up. They most likely will be there in a day or so. Today's a Sunday, which is probably why.
Wow sorry i fail...i meant to say central, i was just sooo tired...

But ya, im kind sad scioly being over now and all...i really need to step it up for fossils, looking up images online wont cut it, the representations are hardly every that perfect at state....and i totally didnt understand size, i almost screwed up at a cephalopod station where i was looking at a cylindrical fossil and i never though baculites was that big...thank you sutures.

But yes, the tests were very good, i wasn't at state last year but from wat ive heard, it seems to have been pretty bad.
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?
Kroo

Post by Kroo »

chia wrote:AUGH! scioly can't be OVER! :cry:

boy, did we epic fail. we (naperville central) got 4th... i think we pretty much always get at least third, but this year 7 of our 15 team members were seniors... maybe they succumbed to senioritis? :| my only medal was a 2nd place in anatomy (yay! my partner was a super awesome junior); i had honestly been expecting a medal in ornithology, but somehow we got 8th (kjhsscioly was dying for some reason).
well, we hope to do better next year... i know i did my best, at any rate.
also: kennedy... :o you guys need to step it up! how could you get 5th place? :cry:
and good job to IMSA! (i mean this sincerely) :)
*sigh* We, IMSA, really wished we could've gone to nats this year~ There are some rumors we're going to lose our coaches 'cause we didn't get to nationals :( :(
Some technicality errors possible though... We were 31 or so places behind Stevenson, and one of our usually very-high placing events (Astro) got 30th, even though the person doing placed like usual (medaled) in his other 2 events. We're pretty sure it was a mistake, or something along those lines...
But anyways, it's all good. State was fun, as always. Naperville North and Central as well as IMSA had a bunch of bombing events =/ But we have a good feeling about next year... as long as we still have a coach :o Time to beat New Trier! (laughs)
lllazar

Post by lllazar »

Kroo wrote:

boy, did we epic fail. we (naperville central) got 4th... i think we pretty much always get at least third, but this year 7 of our 15 team members were seniors... maybe they succumbed to senioritis? :| my only medal was a 2nd place in anatomy (yay! my partner was a super awesome junior); i had honestly been expecting a medal in ornithology, but somehow we got 8th (kjhsscioly was dying for some reason).
also: kennedy... :o you guys need to step it up! how could you get 5th place? :cry:
*sigh* We, IMSA, really wished we could've gone to nats this year~ There are some rumors we're going to lose our coaches 'cause we didn't get to nationals :( :(
Some technicality errors possible though... We were 31 or so places behind Stevenson, and one of our usually very-high placing events (Astro) got 30th, even though the person doing placed like usual (medaled) in his other 2 events. We're pretty sure it was a mistake, or something along those lines...
But anyways, it's all good. State was fun, as always. Naperville North and Central as well as IMSA had a bunch of bombing events =/ But we have a good feeling about next year... as long as we still have a coach :o Time to beat New Trier! (laughs)
Dude how many asians are on that team...i mean no offense or racism intended, i myself am "asian" but jesus christ i wish i went there :lol:

And congratz...i really wanna seem IMSA go to Nats sometime soon, the fact that you might lose your coach cause u didnt make it to nats seems a little harsh..
2011 Season Events~

chia
Division: Grad

Post by chia »

yep, imsa and naperville central are all asians ('cept me :lol: )
i hope we can step it up next year, not that i don't want imsa to do well, but i really want to go to nationals at least once in my life :(
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
lllazar

Post by lllazar »

chia wrote:yep, imsa and naperville central are all asians ('cept me :lol: )
i hope we can step it up next year, not that i don't want imsa to do well, but i really want to go to nationals at least once in my life :(
And i wanna go to Nationals...o wait...

Ya, its kinda harsh. Knowing you'll never go to nats...sigh. O well, thats why i make it my personal vendetta to kill state. So you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout im telling you why.

Champaign centrals comingggg to div aa....

But ya, didnt naperville go to nats like 2 years ago?
2011 Season Events~

chia

Post by chia »

yes, we HAVE gone to nationals before, which is why i think we can again. so i will do my best to do just that. and i know kjhsscioly will too -pokes- :)
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
Kroo

Post by Kroo »

Yup, we were right.
We got 8th place in Astro, not 30th. Meaning we were ~10 points from nationals.
D: D: D:
Haha, same scenario as our 7th grade year from Kennedy. 2 points away there. Next year we made it~ hopefully the same happens again :D
kjhsscioly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by kjhsscioly »

lllazar wrote:
chia wrote:yep, imsa and naperville central are all asians ('cept me :lol: )
And i wanna go to Nationals...o wait...

Ya, its kinda harsh. Knowing you'll never go to nats...sigh. O well, thats why i make it my personal vendetta to kill state. So you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout im telling you why.

Champaign centrals comingggg to div aa....

But ya, didnt naperville go to nats like 2 years ago?
Naperville has, but Chia and I were at the middle school, which also went to nats. I was on the team there too, so I went to Washington DC... I got pretty close to medaling...
masterhat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by masterhat »

Kroo wrote:

It really would be sooo bad if you would lose your coaches (but those are probably just rumors right?). IMSA's coach (the asian lady with curly hair) has written the best Chem Lab test that I've seen all year.
LabRat

Post by LabRat »

Congrats to all the winners! Did anyone post a scan of the results sheet, the one that lists more than the top few?

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”