Well, this year we got a little more extravagant with our machine I guess, we used the same design but we painted it, etc. It looks cool and it shoots really well. I'll see if I can upload some pictures to the image gallery (not that it would help anyone now that the event is going to be over in a few months).
The shooting went pretty well, we got a positive total about maybe 50 so that wasn't our best. The targets were set at 2m, 20cm up and 8m, so no problem getting to the far target. The bucket was 4m, 2m to the right, and 3 gallons. We came close to nailing the first target, I believe it was 5cm off, so we went straight to far. We failed the first shot there, but the second one also ended up at about 5cm off. The bucket shot we took last, and, I hate to admit it, but I used...
The Pythagorean Theorem. Yes, I couldn't find our bucket shot graphs and we were short on time so I just grabbed a calculator, put in the amounts and had to use the Pythagorean Theorem (it's not that bad). What really hurts here is that I rounded down the amount because we'd been shooting bucket shots long in practice. We hit the front rim, it bounced out, and if had I rounded up instead of down we might have gotten first, knocking out Leawood and gaining three points to go to Nationals. But it wasn't meant to be.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning