Southern California

SOroxmysox
Division: B
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Southern California

Post by SOroxmysox »

Although the test is very close, this is the place to address any questions or concerns. :geek:
penclspinner

Re: Southern California

Post by penclspinner »

When is regionals?
AllezCho
Division: C

Post by AllezCho »

LA County Regionals is this Saturday, March 6, 2010. I heard there's going to be a storm, even in the early morning. Stinks for my Egg-O-Naut.... :shock:

Anyone else here in LA Regionals?
2009 SoCal Regionals
Egg-O-Naut *1st Place*
Health Science *3rd Place*

C'est La Vie!
penclspinner

Post by penclspinner »

AllezCho wrote:LA County Regionals is this Saturday, March 6, 2010. I heard there's going to be a storm, even in the early morning. Stinks for my Egg-O-Naut.... :shock:

Anyone else here in LA Regionals?
Good luck with your tournament. Actually wouldn't that be good for Egg?
Storm = windy conditions = longer time aloof for Egg
AllezCho

Post by AllezCho »

That is a possibility, however the stormy conditions significantly increase the luck factor (lucky teams though not necessarily better get an updraft, unlucky teams get negatively affected by the water and wind). The storm also increases the risk of the rocket not flying straight and thus the rocket does not fly as high (because the distance travelled in a non-straight direction is more than a straight vertical direction) which means less time aloft.

Also got some info from the regional coordinator that said that if it rains at anytime during the competition, the entire Egg-O-Naut event would be cancelled. Now I'm just hoping we get to launch. :P
2009 SoCal Regionals
Egg-O-Naut *1st Place*

C'est La Vie!
AllezCho

Post by AllezCho »

Epic Fail for me. Rained during my launch but not during any other team's launch, rocket flew from one building to another (and we, not the event captains, had to break into the building and climb the roof to retrieve the rocket in the soaking rain), and the egg managed to crack both times (first time an egg has cracked for us at competition). It's extremely depressing, but what can I say? lol :lol: Anatomy & Physiology and Ornithology felt like victories for me (I was certain I got a perfect on the Anatomy test and finished in 25 minutes b/c the tiebreaker was time; and I was sure I got almost all of the Ornithology) yet I managed to not medal in either. Yet another disappointment. lol :P

And finally, my team made it to State, but half the team will not go because it conflicts with prom, therefore we're probably not even going to participate in State. Oh well, I was hoping for redemption. What a terrible way to end this SciOly year. :lol:
2009 SoCal Regionals
Egg-O-Naut *1st Place*

C'est La Vie!
penclspinner

Post by penclspinner »

AllezCho wrote:Epic Fail for me. Rained during my launch but not during any other team's launch, rocket flew from one building to another (and we, not the event captains, had to break into the building and climb the roof to retrieve the rocket in the soaking rain), and the egg managed to crack both times (first time an egg has cracked for us at competition). It's extremely depressing, but what can I say? lol :lol: Anatomy & Physiology and Ornithology felt like victories for me (I was certain I got a perfect on the Anatomy test and finished in 25 minutes b/c the tiebreaker was time; and I was sure I got almost all of the Ornithology) yet I managed to not medal in either. Yet another disappointment. lol :P

And finally, my team made it to State, but half the team will not go because it conflicts with prom, therefore we're probably not even going to participate in State. Oh well, I was hoping for redemption. What a terrible way to end this SciOly year. :lol:
Nice. You are in a tough regional tourney. You have Arcadia and NoHo in your bracket yes?
Who got first?
fee6

Post by fee6 »

Noho was first, Arcadia second.
penclspinner

Post by penclspinner »

fee6 wrote:Noho was first, Arcadia second.
Ah figures...Well states is coming up in April, should be interesting to see how this all goes down.
calgoddard

Post by calgoddard »

AllezCho:

Sorry to hear about your problems in Egg - O - Naut at your recently completed regionals. Would more padding in your egg capsule help?

Who finished first in Egg - O- Naut at the 2010 L.A. regionals and what was their time in the air?

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”