Good Memories

SO4L
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Good Memories

Post by SO4L »

On the bus ride back from State, we were playing Would You Rather. It then evolved into a game that we now call: "Poo'd You Rather".

We just make up situations that are similar to Would You Rather but they all involve fecal matter, defecation, or explosive diarrhea. There were only 4 of us who were playing, but all of us were somehow euphoric and into the game.

we actually made a website: poodurather.com

SORRY IF THIS SEEMS DISGUSTING IN ANY WAY
2010 State_Nationals
Ornithology - 2nd, 11th
Picture This - 7th, 16h
Ecology - 6th, 15th
Mission Possible - 1st, 12th

2011 State_Nationals
Ornithology - 6th, 9th
Towers - 2nd, 16th
Protein Modeling - 1st, 6th
Mission Possible - 1st, 9th
IdahoSciGuy
State: ID

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

That actually reminds me of a time when we had the "would you rather" books in our homeroom at States. XD oh, did our very religious math teacher hate us that day XD
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad
3nv1r0nm3ntal ch3m
Division: C
State: VA

Post by 3nv1r0nm3ntal ch3m »

I remember doing those would you rather books. They were pretty awesome, but boring at the same time.
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

My favorite memory from Regionals is probably the time when I faced another big school in Sumo Bot. I couldn't get under them, try as I might, and was trying to go around for my life. When I just decided to do it old school by ramming them up front, I was able to push against one of the traps they had set up for me. We got first place.:razz:
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
3nv1r0nm3ntal ch3m

paleonaps95 wrote:My favorite memory from Regionals is probably the time when I faced another big school in Sumo Bot. I couldn't get under them, try as I might, and was trying to go around for my life. When I just decided to do it old school by ramming them up front, I was able to push against one of the traps they had set up for me. We got first place.:razz:
Hahaha, you knocked them into their own traps. Thats pretty awesome. How did you do at states? :D
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

Third. I lost to them. :( :(
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
3nv1r0nm3ntal ch3m

paleonaps95 wrote:Third. I lost to them. :( :(
aww. the best I did at states wan in environmental chem, where I placed 2nd :) :D
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

Best for me is first, but I won't brag. Great job in EnviChem- it looks like a hard event!
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
frogzorz
State: PA

Post by frogzorz »

AlphaTauri wrote:
frogzorz wrote:Good memories: The smoothies at von Liebig were FREAKING AMAZING. I only got raspberry, but next year I am bringing money for three smoothies. They are just too good.
YES, they are amazing! Haha, funny story: Me and two or three of my teammates were chatting over smoothies in the tiny cafe there, and one (my event partner) decides to go to the bathroom. While's he's there, the rest of us decide it's probably a good idea to also go to the bathroom before our events. When we come back, we can't find him and spend about 10 minutes looking for him in Von Leibig (we can't call him, because no one knows each other's cell phones) before I decide, "Whatever, I'm going to my next event. If he's not there, too bad." Turns out he ditched me and was already at the BAC. I yelled at him both for ditching me and for causing me unneccesary stress.
I got pegged by a Frisbee. Since a kid from Hershey came to apologize and pick it up, I assumed it was from HMS. ;)
Were you sitting under a tree near the BBQ tent with a bunch of WV people at about 2 pm? If so, that was me and several teammates. Apparently, none of us can aim with a frisbee. Sorry about that. :oops:
I wasn't near any WV kids, although we don't really tend to avoid them. (I don't know if this matters but my sister went to WV and Harriton.) Also, we were outside playing Frisbee while they were having the body music thingy because we didn't want our coaches to make us look like strippers.
I also brought some sixth graders and a seventh grader to get smoothies, but the sixth graders ditched and the seventh grader decided it was too expensive. Mission: Failed.

At Regionals, I was fetching people to watch our Trajectory, so I was running from the Main Gym to the Trajectory place and back and forth and so on. Fortunately, I brought candy and cookies to fuel me. Unfortunately, by the next day, my legs were sore and I was dead tired.
Harriton '15, Penn C'19
Design Manager and Disease Detectives co-supervisor for SOUP 2018
AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: PA

Post by AlphaTauri »

frogzorz wrote:
AlphaTauri wrote:
frogzorz wrote:I got pegged by a Frisbee. Since a kid from Hershey came to apologize and pick it up, I assumed it was from HMS. ;)
Were you sitting under a tree near the BBQ tent with a bunch of WV people at about 2 pm? If so, that was me and several teammates. Apparently, none of us can aim with a frisbee. Sorry about that. :oops:
I wasn't near any WV kids, although we don't really tend to avoid them. (I don't know if this matters but my sister went to WV and Harriton.) Also, we were outside playing Frisbee while they were having the body music thingy because we didn't want our coaches to make us look like strippers.
Hmm, were you at the big field by Pentathlon before the awards ceremony started? (I thought it was weird how they had two teams on the stations at one time for Pentathlon...what if the second team was really good or the first team was really bad and they (team #2) caught up to them (team #1)?) I remember chasing after errant Frisbees while fooling around with the rest of the team. None of us really wanted to be inside, because they always have something to "pass the time before awards" that no one likes/cares about. From what you say, I think I'm glad I was nowhere near the gym at that time.
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”