Mousetrap Vehicle C

packer-backer91
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mousetrap Vehicle C

Post by packer-backer91 »

illusionist wrote:With a time of around 11 seconds, and a distance score <2cm, we got 4th at MI states. There was a really well built vehicle, and some characteristics I noted were a short pull arm and small wheels.

There was a lot last year that had really small wheels, if the vehicle you are talking about was fast as well, it may have been Grand Haven, last year they had a time of 12 seconds so it should have been even faster. For my old team at state got 6th with a score of -3.8 on the better of their two runs. From the information he game me they had a pr in time with 10.4, just that new found speed messed up something on the break and they were 8cm off.

the MI winning vehcile had 7sec and >1cm from what he told me.
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
illusionist
Division: C

Post by illusionist »

Yeah, I saw that winning run, and it was (I might be wrong) Plymouth Christian HS. They showed us their vehicle after their run was done.
packer-backer91

Post by packer-backer91 »

illusionist wrote:Yeah, I saw that winning run, and it was (I might be wrong) Plymouth Christian HS. They showed us their vehicle after their run was done.

That’s good to see that other teams showing the vehicle to other teams after their done, this may be partly because this will not be a div c event next year. Tradition shows that the vehicle events do not remain in a same division for more than two years. That was something I would never have done while a competitor, I was one of those people that kept the vehicle out for as little time as possible, when I was done it went right into the box.
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
illusionist

Post by illusionist »

Haha, I'm like that too. Except this year since most of the events are leaving anyways.
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by mrsteven »

illusionist wrote:Haha, I'm like that too. Except this year since most of the events are leaving anyways.
idk, depends on the event for heli im that way but for mousetrap I feel like theres not much that you could hide so when you take it out its being seen and figured out by most people.
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion
illusionist

Post by illusionist »

Really? Heli i don't mind leaving out, since almost everyone's helis look similar. Only differences are rotor placement and pitch... Mousetrap has a lot more room for different designs... For wheeled vehicle, I'm gonna treat it like a secret :P
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by mrsteven »

illusionist wrote:Really? Heli i don't mind leaving out, since almost everyone's helis look similar. Only differences are rotor placement and pitch... Mousetrap has a lot more room for different designs... For wheeled vehicle, I'm gonna treat it like a secret :P
well im not 100% sure what wheeled vehicle is yet but ya i feel like I probably will too.

Well for heli, ya most were similar but i made 100% sure no one saw my rubber up until the flight OR what I used to treat it

cant wait for next year
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion
tuftedtitmouse12

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 »

:oops: sorry to sound like random, but according to the tentative schedule for next year's events, mousetrap vehicle is going to be an event for next year...since it is division B, what things might be it different from division C?
peter, peter, peter
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

illusionist wrote:For wheeled vehicle, I'm gonna treat it like a secret :P
I'm going to too >.<

At Clio '10 (before you were Cdiv, I think), I ran a mousetrap at the very end of the day, with like 25 people watching. Afterwards, I explained to like 4 teams exactly how the design worked. I did a similar thing at regionals. I also told people that it was here, on the wiki, where I completely revamped the 3rd design listed. I was being too nice. Lo and behold, here comes states, and every single vehicle in the state is running pin-axle...
illusionist

Post by illusionist »

Does anyone have link or something where i can get some info about wheeled vehicle?

Return to “2011 Build Events”