Robot Arm B/C [Trial]

andrew_cockman
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Robot Arm B/C [Trial]

Post by andrew_cockman »

does anyone how high the plate form base is and are we allowed to bring are own?
chalker
Division: Grad
State: OH

Post by chalker »

andrew_cockman wrote:does anyone how high the plate form base is and are we allowed to bring are own?
What plate are you talking about? There isn't anything about a plate in the rules that I've seen.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

andrew_cockman wrote:does anyone how high the plate form base is and are we allowed to bring are own?
Not sure I've said it in this string already, but this is NOT an official arm of the NSO, no answer you get here can or should be considered official. If you need an official answer, you need to ask a clarification or FAQ question on the National SO site. Unfortunately, its kinda late. They generally cutoff responses 30 days before the national tournament to give everyone time to see and adjust to the clarifications.

OK, that said, at the NSO tournament, the event supervisors generally provide all necessary competiton platforms (like the stand for towers, or floor layout for battery buggy). They don't generally allow teams to substitute their own equipment to ensure consistent conditions for all students.

If I were you, I wouldn't plan on using your own playing field, and I'd be prepared to compete on any level surface.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
Flavorflav
State: NY

Post by Flavorflav »

Chalker or chalker7, are they likely to rule out 2.4 GHz transmitters again next year, or do you think they will be allowed?
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

Flavorflav wrote:Chalker or chalker7, are they likely to rule out 2.4 GHz transmitters again next year, or do you think they will be allowed?
Great question. I actually was just working on the revised rules and thought 2.4 GHz was in there.. but you're right it's not. That's an oversight I've just corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
questionguy
State: VA

Post by questionguy »

How did the event go at Nationals?
Faruh
State: VA

Post by Faruh »

questionguy wrote:How did the event go at Nationals?
It was great! I used a vex robotic set and won first place haha. Ive been keeping up with this forum for the past few months in regards to this trial event and thought I might jump in. Our team came in 44th in Nationals (Fairfax High School, VA). I made some major mistakes like knocking down the northern jar but I managed to get all the rest of the objects in their place and ended with a score of 74. Usually I get higher in practice runs but the nervousness got to me. Cant wait till its an official event next year!

Faruh(Paruku) Paerhati

P.S. If you guys have any questions regarding the design and methods I used feel free to ask
austinfhs
State: CA

Post by austinfhs »

Haha this is pretty broad, but do you think you could post a drawing/picture of your setup? I'm guessing you had upwards of 3-5 motors? I wonder if anyone could pull of a design that could get max points with only one motor ...
Flavorflav
State: NY

Post by Flavorflav »

Frankly, I doubt you get get any points with one motor.
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk »

Well in the Trial rules it states that that "wires" may run from the control box to the actual arm, it doesn't specifically say they have to be electrical wires, so theoretically you don't have to have any motors, at least in the current trial rules
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time

Return to “2011 Build Events”