Awesome Aquifers B

TYG
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Awesome Aquifers B

Post by TYG »

I don't think modifying your container like that is allowed beforehand, at least in last year's rules. The rules state that the container has to be brought to the competition empty, so having anything in it, including a divider, would be against last year's rules. It also states that the container can be cut or punctured, but that isn't the same as adding a piece of plastic and tape. If you there isn't an official rules clarification on this, I wouldn't risk it. I was having the same trouble last year, and decided not to use a divider like that because it was time consuming, especially if it is made during the 10 minutes they give you to build the aquifer.
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

hmm. I think I will submit a clarification then.
FueL
Division: C
State: NY

Post by FueL »

The AA kit does help, but wasn't worth the price we had to pay ($50 including shipping).

The most useful things included were the container itself and the activated charcoal. On the other hand the little booklet that comes with it only covers the most basic concepts and includes a small glossary at the back.
ornithology, forestry, entomology, triple E, green generation, water quality, dynamic planet (lakes & rivers), awesome aquifers, meteorology, robot arm, write it do it. :)
A cone of depression occurs when you drop your scoop of ice cream on the ground on a hot summer day.

Return to “2011 Lab Events”