Awesome Aquifers B

Epicfail
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Awesome Aquifers B

Post by Epicfail »

Tramsarran wrote:In my opinion, Awesome Aquifer is great because all that studying and pratice isn't in vain because of the fact that we have to present our model to the judges. We get to "show off" how good we are. Anyone else feels this way? Awesome Aquifer is Awesome.
yeah i guess...
123frog
State: CA

Post by 123frog »

Awesome aquifers is a very epic event. Can anyone help me out with rule clarification? Are we allowed to bring wells with pre-attached well screens?
"Where do Underground Rocks eat dinner?" Answer: "The Water Table!"
"Whats red and smells like blue paint?" Answer: "Red Paint!"
Tramsarran
State: NY

Post by Tramsarran »

I would guess you would be able to do just that. I think the rules say that you need to build/assemble the aquifer on site, not the aquifer parts.
Goodbye Science Olympiad, until next year.
Epicfail

Post by Epicfail »

Yea i think that's valid but im not sure...
FueL

Post by FueL »

123frog wrote:Awesome aquifers is a very epic event. Can anyone help me out with rule clarification? Are we allowed to bring wells with pre-attached well screens?
Our proctors didn't check our boxes at all, so I don't think that would be an issue. Just curious, what are you using for your well/well screen?
ornithology, forestry, entomology, triple E, green generation, water quality, dynamic planet (lakes & rivers), awesome aquifers, meteorology, robot arm, write it do it. :)
A cone of depression occurs when you drop your scoop of ice cream on the ground on a hot summer day.
Epicfail

Post by Epicfail »

Since we can't get activated charcoal, instead of food coloring what should we use for contamination (we dont have beads)?
Tramsarran

Post by Tramsarran »

Epicfail wrote:Since we can't get activated charcoal, instead of food coloring what should we use for contamination (we dont have beads)?
Maybe some sort of powdered drink mix like Kool Aid. Fine-grain salt might work or salt water if you can filter out the salt with a coffee filter or some other form of filter. How about soda?
Goodbye Science Olympiad, until next year.
123frog

Post by 123frog »

FueL wrote:
123frog wrote:Awesome aquifers is a very epic event. Can anyone help me out with rule clarification? Are we allowed to bring wells with pre-attached well screens?
Our proctors didn't check our boxes at all, so I don't think that would be an issue. Just curious, what are you using for your well/well screen?
We are using very tiny wire mesh screens, that are small enough to not let sand pass through. I'm not sure where my partner found the stuff but it really helps
123frog

Post by 123frog »

FueL wrote:
Oh sorry I only saw well screen not well, For our well we have really thin and rigid plastic tubing.
What are people using to show evapotranspiration ?
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by mnstrviola »

has anyone had to demonstrate artesian well pressure? It seems kind of hard to, but it's possible.

Return to “2011 Lab Events”