Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0

Re: Science Crime Busters B

Post by robotman »

prelude_to_death wrote:
psychodragon_98 wrote:our teacher told us to study blood spatters and the like... and where is the cb wiki?
You click on the little "Wiki" button. Then, you go to 2011 Events. Under B Events, there is a link to a page about Crime Busters. According to the Wiki, the event was shortened to just "Crime Busters" in 2010-2011. So it should be under "Crime Busters" not "Science Crime Busters".
Well it is under Crime Busters you just get redirected to the Science Crime Busters since we didn't really want to have the same info in two places
haven chuck wrote: your teacher?? do you mean coach or is your teacher your coach??? anyways I would NOT search wiki, they are not the best search engine, I find Bing very useful or just use google. Wiki is stuff that other people can post and it's not always accurate oh wait I need to correct myself. IT IS NEVER ACCURATE for your sake! use another search engine!

~Goodluck~ :)
The Information on the Crime Busters Wiki is definetally accurate as or more accurate than most of what a google search will pull up
Edit the Wiki.
Upload to the Image Gallery
[medals]Get Medals[/medals]
[chat][/chat]
crazycommie
Division: B
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by crazycommie »

I've noted that the rules do not say that stir sticks are allowed. If this is the case, how are we supposed to stir stuff?
If Schrödinger's cat walks into a forest, and nobody is around to see it,

IS IT REALLY IN THE FOREST?

Regionals: 2nd in ecology, 2nd in castle

State: 5th in castle..... by .05 :|
psychodragon_98
State: OH

Post by psychodragon_98 »

[quote=Momo]your teacher?? do you mean coach or is your teacher your coach??? anyways I would NOT search wiki, they are not the best search engine, I find Bing very useful or just use google. Wiki is stuff that other people can post and it's not always accurate oh wait I need to correct myself. IT IS NEVER ACCURATE for your sake! use another search engine!

~Goodluck~ :)[/quote]

yeah... shes our coach and teacher at the same time.
aw, man. shes not letting us compete this year.
ImageImageImageImageImage
click the eggs/hatchlings so they grow!!!

New NIHF-STEM Middle School

ORNITHOLOGY
CRIME BUSTERS
MICROBE MISSION
BATTERY BUGGY
EandS
State: CO

Post by EandS »

Hey! We really need some Science Crime Busters Cheat Sheet tips!!! :?: If you have anything, could you post it? We have some stuff for the front side, but not the back side of the cheat sheet..... Please post A.S.A.P.!!!Thanks! :D :D
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by prelude to death »

So you might want some tables about properties of liquids, metals, and the powders. The best thing to do for this would be to observe each unknown and then write down your observations or add your observations to the existing table in the Wiki. Some giveaways for each unknown would be good to memorize or have too. Maybe some pictures about fibers and polymers. I guess pictures and captions for blood spatters and footprints would be nice to have too, as well as maybe the general format for the 'Analysis' portion.
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
Mandy and Aubby
State: WA

Post by Mandy and Aubby »

This is our first year doing science crime busters. Thanks for the advise! :D
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

crazycommie wrote:I've noted that the rules do not say that stir sticks are allowed. If this is the case, how are we supposed to stir stuff?
Well, I guess the supervisor will probably provide them if they aren't on the materials list. But if they don't, you might want to bring extra things for scooping and use those to stir.
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

On the rules, I noticed that you can't bring droppers this year, and apparently you could last year? Does anyone know if we'll be provided with the droppers during the competition, or should I contact my Regionals director or whatever about that?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I didn't realize that I was the last to post in this topic before...
purplepeopleeater
State: TX

Post by purplepeopleeater »

really? we CANT bring droppers this year?
i didn't notice when i read through the rules... i will have to check
but meanwhile... I've already gone to 5 competitions this year (i think five...) and they have NOT provided any droppers... sooooo yeah. i know, i kinda need those in a big way... :shock: :(

oh yes, i have brought droppers all 5 times and not been DQed... but that doesnt have to be the case at regionals, state, and nats... so yeah. thanks for pointing that out.
No matter what the experiment's result, there will always be someone eager to:(a) misinterpret it(b) fake it, or (c) believe it supports his own pet theory.
2010 Nationals---
  • 3rd Model This, 17th Bio Process Lab, 27th Science Crime Busters
EpicFailure
State: WI

Post by EpicFailure »

In the wiki page, it says on the Metals chart that Magnesium is magnetic, which it isn't. Can somebody fix that? Also, has anyone actually gotten tin to react with HCl?

Return to “2011 Lab Events”