Compute This B

Locked
User avatar
quadratic
Member
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: December 30th, 2010, 7:15 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Location: RIverside,IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Compute This B

Post by quadratic » April 11th, 2011, 3:22 pm

tuftedtitmouse12 wrote:[quote="quadraticI know I did this last year AND BEAT YOU THIS YEAR
what place be you? i got ninth.....threw a fit.... :evil: sooo mad....at state last year....13 *sigh* im going to do better this year......i hope... and i was just SAYING.....[/quote]
6th but only cause my partner couldn't figure out how to format uor graph speaking of that who thinks graph are harder then short answer.
3.14159265358979323846264338327905 from memory.
I AM THE ASSASSINATOR

User avatar
starshine
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 1:15 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Location: Long Island, NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This B

Post by starshine » April 12th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Anyone by any chance know what will be used at Nationals?
2010 (1), 2011 (4), 2012 (7), 2013 (1)

User avatar
tuftedtitmouse12
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: January 3rd, 2011, 12:26 pm
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This B

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 » April 13th, 2011, 5:30 am

quadratic wrote:
tuftedtitmouse12 wrote:[quote="quadraticI know I did this last year AND BEAT YOU THIS YEAR
what place be you? i got ninth.....threw a fit.... :evil: sooo mad....at state last year....13 *sigh* im going to do better this year......i hope... and i was just SAYING.....
6th but only cause my partner couldn't figure out how to format uor graph speaking of that who thinks graph are harder then short answer.[/quote]
no fair! i mean.....like i got 9th...wel, you got 6th and still got a medal..thats what counts...but i got 3 medals at regionals anways... :D
peter, peter, peter

User avatar
quadratic
Member
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: December 30th, 2010, 7:15 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Location: RIverside,IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Compute This B

Post by quadratic » April 14th, 2011, 4:39 am

tuftedtitmouse12 wrote:
quadratic wrote:
tuftedtitmouse12 wrote:[quote="quadraticI know I did this last year AND BEAT YOU THIS YEAR
what place be you? i got ninth.....threw a fit.... :evil: sooo mad....at state last year....13 *sigh* im going to do better this year......i hope... and i was just SAYING.....
6th but only cause my partner couldn't figure out how to format uor graph speaking of that who thinks graph are harder then short answer.
no fair! i mean.....like i got 9th...wel, you got 6th and still got a medal..thats what counts...but i got 3 medals at regionals anways... :D[/quote]
I meadled in all my event's which do you think is harder graph of SA by the way we have word and ie 8 at IL state
3.14159265358979323846264338327905 from memory.
I AM THE ASSASSINATOR

User avatar
tuftedtitmouse12
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: January 3rd, 2011, 12:26 pm
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This B

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 » April 14th, 2011, 8:29 am

quadratic wrote: I meadled in all my event's which do you think is harder graph of SA by the way we have word and ie 8 at IL state
what which wat??? which is harder???? im cunfused...
peter, peter, peter

Videogamer321
Member
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: March 28th, 2010, 3:49 pm
Division: B
State: FL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This B

Post by Videogamer321 » April 14th, 2011, 9:18 am

We got four, FOO!! :ugeek:

Tramsarran
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: February 13th, 2011, 6:11 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Life
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This B

Post by Tramsarran » April 15th, 2011, 8:15 pm

35th place, what now? All we did was answer three questions, no graph. What we could have done was make a data table with realistic data points and create the graph from there. The rubric didn't say anything about correct data on the graph, just the right labels, title, etc., right?
Goodbye Science Olympiad, until next year.

User avatar
starshine
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 1:15 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Location: Long Island, NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This B

Post by starshine » April 16th, 2011, 8:21 am

Tramsarran wrote:35th place, what now? All we did was answer three questions, no graph. What we could have done was make a data table with realistic data points and create the graph from there. The rubric didn't say anything about correct data on the graph, just the right labels, title, etc., right?
We got 9th.
You could've done that, but I believe you lose points for incorrect data. You earn some points just for making the graph.
2010 (1), 2011 (4), 2012 (7), 2013 (1)

Tramsarran
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: February 13th, 2011, 6:11 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Life
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This B

Post by Tramsarran » April 16th, 2011, 4:17 pm

Does it even out? I could have made the graph, pasted it into MS Word, cleared the data in Excel and dump the graph there, maybe. If I did that the judges would be suspicious of something. This won't work if they read the graph closely.
Goodbye Science Olympiad, until next year.

User avatar
FueL
Member
Member
Posts: 410
Joined: March 7th, 2010, 12:53 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: WMHS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Compute This B

Post by FueL » April 16th, 2011, 4:34 pm

It's more like, the judges look at what you've done with a checklist in front of them. For everything you did correctly, they make a tick on their list and you get some points. So if you had incorrect data but an otherwise perfectly made graph, you'd earn 0 points for data and 30 points for the graph. If you didn't make a graph at all, you'd earn 0 points for both the data and graph.

The graph must stay in Excel. You won't get any points if you move the graph to Word.
ornithology, forestry, entomology, triple E, green generation, water quality, dynamic planet (lakes & rivers), awesome aquifers, meteorology, robot arm, write it do it. :)
A cone of depression occurs when you drop your scoop of ice cream on the ground on a hot summer day.

Locked

Return to “2011 Lab Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests