Optics B/C

geekychic13
Division: B
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Optics B/C

Post by geekychic13 »

you know what's really ironic? our state is REALLY HARD. nuff said. :)
ichaelm wrote:You might be expected to know about stuff like that, but most likely you won't. It's up to the person writing the test. I've seen tests that went into the resolving power of a diffraction-limited lens, but for most of the tests I took the hardest topic was double rainbows. So unless you go to a hard state competition or nationals, you probably don't need to go that deep.
GUESS WHAT???? I GOTS 1ST PLACE IN ALL MY EVENTS AT CONFERENCE!!!!
Anatomy, Crime Busters, Disease Detectives, Meteorology, Optics
:D
Jesus died for me.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

-Yellow, by Coldplay
tuftedtitmouse12
Division: Grad

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 »

hmm...i didn't find it that hard...i just wish i could have studied a bit more about each topic
i mean, the refraction diagrams were fairly challenging, and the tiebreaker, well, we didn't even touch that. it was hard to do good on, since we had to show our work, but i think if we prepared a bit more and since now we have a guideline as to what we might have to expect, i think this year it shouldn't be so hard if we study hard. (sorry to sound optimistic...i remember right after the test i thought it was grueling, but now reminiscing back on it, i felt we did fairly well but could do better this upcoming year with all the experience we recieved)
peter, peter, peter
sciolygrl258
Division: C
State: PA

Post by sciolygrl258 »

The tests i had were fairly easy, they all had the same general questions and maybe 1 or 2 more difficult ones. but because of that we study for optics at all and those 1 or 2 questions and not even practicing the laser shoot (i think all we did with the laser shoot was make a box and come up with a procedure to get it done, which took all of 5 minutes) basically stopped us from getting 1st and kept us around 2nd place the whole year... i think this year i need to look at some of the other stuff more carefully just in case, like double rainbows... i didnt even know those existed until my younger brother pointed it out a few days ago...>.<
PA STATES 2012:
Optics: 3rd
Experimental Design: 5th

Team: 1st!!!!! XDD

17 hr bus drive to Orlando? I think yes! ^o^
geekychic13
Division: B
State: IL

Post by geekychic13 »

yeah like at state and regionals we never even had TIME for tiebreakers...except for CJAP, but it was nt explained correctly, so our first year we had no idea that we werent supposed to come back and do a tie breaker if there was a tie...stupid thought. :( lol
tuftedtitmouse12 wrote:hmm...i didn't find it that hard...i just wish i could have studied a bit more about each topic
i mean, the refraction diagrams were fairly challenging, and the tiebreaker, well, we didn't even touch that. it was hard to do good on, since we had to show our work, but i think if we prepared a bit more and since now we have a guideline as to what we might have to expect, i think this year it shouldn't be so hard if we study hard. (sorry to sound optimistic...i remember right after the test i thought it was grueling, but now reminiscing back on it, i felt we did fairly well but could do better this upcoming year with all the experience we recieved)
GUESS WHAT???? I GOTS 1ST PLACE IN ALL MY EVENTS AT CONFERENCE!!!!
Anatomy, Crime Busters, Disease Detectives, Meteorology, Optics
:D
Jesus died for me.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

-Yellow, by Coldplay

Return to “2011 Lab Events”