For anyone who's interested, I made a severe storms quiz but it's a bit too short to be posted on the test exchange. It has no focus; it's mostly made up of random facts I've read here and there.True/False
1. It is safe to administer CPR to a person immediately after they have been struck by lightning.
2. When caught in the middle of a thunderstorm with no nearby shelter, you should lie down in the nearest ditch.
3. Tornadoes generated by hurricanes are generally weaker than normal tornadoes.
4. A nor'easter gets its name from the fact that it usually strikes the northeaster US.
5. A capping inversion causes the storms that subsequently form to be weaker than normal.Statistics
6. In which state do the most people get struck by lightning, yearly?
7. Approximately how many tornadoes form in the US every year? What about thunderstorms?
8. For hurricane development to become favorable, tropical waters must warm to at least how many degrees Fahrenheit?
9. "Positive" lightning (lightning that originates from the positively charged anvil of the cloud) occurs in what percent of all lightning strikes?
10. Which state has the smallest number of recorded tornadoes?Short Answer
11. Why do we hardly hear about Pacific hurricanes on the news?
12. What is a backdoor cold front?
13. Name three weather systems that occur at the mesoscale level. (be more specific than mesoscale convective system)
14. When viewing Doppler radar, what does the abbreviation dbZ stand for? (NOT Dragonball Z
15. The following terms are associated with hurricanes. Order them from most to least percentage of hurricane-related deaths.
a) high speed winds
b) inland flooding
c) storm surge
16. Weather prediction is much more accurate now than it has been in the past. Order the following as they relate to hurricanes, from most accurately predicted to least accurately predicted.
17. Which of the following clouds are generally associated with fair weather? (there may be more than one answer)
d) roll cloud
ornithology, forestry, entomology, triple E, green generation, water quality, dynamic planet (lakes & rivers), awesome aquifers, meteorology, robot arm, write it do it. :)
A cone of depression occurs when you drop your scoop of ice cream on the ground on a hot summer day.