Remote Sensing C

49ers
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: PA

Re: Remote Sensing C

Postby 49ers » February 10th, 2011, 9:50 am

actually you can scan them onto a computer and upload that, or copy the words onto a document and upload that.
You can, except that it's illegal.
well our coach is dead. :oops: :oops: not that he does too much except write the remote sensing test 2 days before the invite when we have a snow day.

what exactly is with the vegatative, land, and sea colors?
and what are the principles of digital image processing?
East Stroudsburg South and J.T.L Cavs Alumnus
49ersfan
Metsfan
You are now free to lose the game.
Ursinus Bearcox 2020
Need a rugger? Look no further.
Disk is lif.
Physics and Astronomy major; Bio, Math minors
Nu Delta Omicron founder.

rocketman1555
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Postby rocketman1555 » February 10th, 2011, 11:31 am

actually you can scan them onto a computer and upload that, or copy the words onto a document and upload that.
You can, except that it's illegal.
well our coach is dead. :oops: :oops: not that he does too much except write the remote sensing test 2 days before the invite when we have a snow day.

what exactly is with the vegatative, land, and sea colors?
and what are the principles of digital image processing?
Google.
Remote Sensing Wiki. There are some links in here you may want to look at, I would also suggest the Canada Centre for Remote Sensing Tutorial.
I am a practitioner of the art of magic known as science.

fossilgirl4ever
Division: C
State: NC

Postby fossilgirl4ever » February 15th, 2011, 2:25 pm

What are some specific things you are all putting on your five pages? I'm planning on all the different satellites and what all the abbreviations stand for, info on the biomes, and maybe the electromagnetic spectrum. But I need a lot more.

And are there some formulas that we should definitely know?
2011 Events: Regionals- Fossils 1st, Ornithology 2nd, Remote Sensing 1st, Food Science (NC) 3rd

Brother: We are learning about coordinate grids in math class.
Me: Oh, that's like the beginning of life!!

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
State: MD

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » February 15th, 2011, 2:28 pm

The only formulas I can think of are ones to determine vegetation, such as NDVI (Normalized Difference Vegetation Index ) or EVI (enhanced vegetation index), but those aren't too terribly important. If you're new to this event, I would recommend concentrating more on the types of remote sensing techniques and their uses, image interpretation, and the effects of humans on the environment (such as global warming, deforestation, etc). Good luck, by the way!
^^earlier post
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

dreaminghigh
State: MI

Postby dreaminghigh » February 22nd, 2011, 1:04 pm

What does it exactly mean when it says Human Impact?
Astronomy - 1st
Ecology - 7th >.<
Remote Sensing - 5th

winneratlife

Postby winneratlife » February 22nd, 2011, 1:09 pm

What does it exactly mean when it says Human Impact?
Global warming, pretty much. Deforestation as well.

crazy77

Postby crazy77 » February 22nd, 2011, 4:19 pm

So before I read all 250 pages of the Canada Center tutorial, are all sections worth it? I'm willing to read the whole thing, don't get me wrong, but only if it'll all be at least potentially worthwhile. Also if I go through the Canada one do i need to go through the NASA one too?

Gillen
State: MO

Postby Gillen » February 22nd, 2011, 4:29 pm

So before I read all 250 pages of the Canada Center tutorial, are all sections worth it? I'm willing to read the whole thing, don't get me wrong, but only if it'll all be at least potentially worthwhile. Also if I go through the Canada one do i need to go through the NASA one too?
I read the whole thing, except for some sections at the and about applications of remote sensing that don't really relate to this year's event, like geology and sea ice. I have found it useful to give a good base of knowledge and understanding of the topic. I havent read the NASA one, but it seems like one that would be best to pick sections out of, its pretty massive. A lot of it may not be applicable to the event, either.

zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Postby zyzzyva980 » February 22nd, 2011, 4:31 pm

Not all the pages are necessary. The ones you'll want the most are the basics- most of which are in the introduction- and the image interpretation section. (Note that NASA has a great section on this.) Check what's on the rules, it will give you an accurate account of what you'll need to know.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

dreaminghigh

Postby dreaminghigh » February 22nd, 2011, 4:31 pm

I read the whole thing, except for some sections at the and about applications of remote sensing that don't really relate to this year's event, like geology and sea ice. I have found it useful to give a good base of knowledge and understanding of the topic. I havent read the NASA one, but it seems like one that would be best to pick sections out of, its pretty massive. A lot of it may not be applicable to the event, either.
I was wondering the same thing, so would it be worth it to read the NASA one too?
Astronomy - 1st
Ecology - 7th >.<
Remote Sensing - 5th

Return to “2011 Study Events”