Anatomy B/C

penclspinner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by penclspinner »

49ers wrote:does anybody have any clue what the mechanisms of the pulmonary ventilation is? My partner and I were researching and we couldn't find anything useful on the internet...
The way I would interpret that statement would be to have a basic understanding of how pulmonary ventilation works and what parts of the body are used during breathing (as quoted by soinc9876).
soinc9876
Division: C
State: OH

Post by soinc9876 »

Actually, if you go to the training handout for anatomy it will show you a chart labled Mechanisms of pulmonary ventilation. I think it is on the second or third page. It shows the movement of air through the body and how the diaphragm compresses to allow inhalation, and how it relaxes to allow exhalation.
chia
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by chia »

whoa, I need to get moving on my respiratory system studying. There aren't going to be any calculation-type questions like there were for the circulatory system, right? About, dunno, breathing rate or oxygen volume or something...
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by prelude to death »

chia wrote:whoa, I need to get moving on my respiratory system studying. There aren't going to be any calculation-type questions like there were for the circulatory system, right? About, dunno, breathing rate or oxygen volume or something...
Urm... Well, my understanding of the rules is that they'll be asking some calculation questions. I think they'll just ask some stuff about like tidal volume and how to find vital capacity when you have [insert info here]. So if you don't really want to remember the formulas, I guess your best bet would be to just write them down on a corner of your cheat/notes sheet.
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
Arthur
State: PA

Post by Arthur »

2jawedm wrote:Alpha Tauri's right- you can have anything on the two-sided sheet, typed. what I did for last year was I made the font like 8 (no smaller)
i'm actually getting away with size 5 font. surprisingly, it's still readable, and it gives me much more room for muscle diagrams. ;)
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

Arthur wrote:
2jawedm wrote:Alpha Tauri's right- you can have anything on the two-sided sheet, typed. what I did for last year was I made the font like 8 (no smaller)
i'm actually getting away with size 5 font. surprisingly, it's still readable, and it gives me much more room for muscle diagrams. ;)
...Paradox and I got away with 3.5 Verdana last year. As long as it's legible and you know where everything is (I know the cheat sheet top to bottom), then by all means make as small as humanly possible.
Momo
Division: B
State: MD

Post by Momo »

Who is in B team scioly??? or higher because I have a very difficult question to ask
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by prelude to death »

Momo wrote:Who is in B team scioly??? or higher because I have a very difficult question to ask
By all means: ask. ;)
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: AL

Post by aubrey048 »

In the past have any of the tests included anything on the sliding filament model on a detailed, molecular level?
Thanks (I'm a first timer)
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

aubrey048 wrote:In the past have any of the tests included anything on the sliding filament model on a detailed, molecular level?
Thanks (I'm a first timer)
Oh, yes. Almost every single test asks you something about either the sliding-filament model or the chemistry behind a muscle contraction. Study up on muscle contraction!

Return to “2011 Study Events”