Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by aubrey048 »

That would just be plain stupid. I've never seen anyone attempt anything that dumb in Science Olympiad before. I think that just broke a record in lack of common sense... and dishonesty.
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

Sorry everyone, by "study guide" I meant the anatomy training handout ;) So, would it be smart to simply copy the whole thing on a double-sided piece of paper? With a lot of minimizing and reediting of course.
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by aubrey048 »

mnstrviola wrote:Sorry everyone, by "study guide" I meant the anatomy training handout ;) So, would it be smart to simply copy the whole thing on a double-sided piece of paper? With a lot of minimizing and reediting of course.
That is a good idea I suppose, but it's really up to you. I suggest putting things on your sheet that you can never for the life of you remember. (For me its origin and insertion of muscles.) Try to put a bit of stuff from each system and you'll do just fine.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

mnstrviola wrote:Sorry everyone, by "study guide" I meant the anatomy training handout ;) So, would it be smart to simply copy the whole thing on a double-sided piece of paper? With a lot of minimizing and reediting of course.
I dunno, I think it would be better to type it all out yourself so you learn it rather than just taking it straight from a handout.
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by aubrey048 »

I find that writing or typing notes on the subject matter (regardless of whether or not I will take them to the competition) really is a good study method for me. Maybe you should try it.

aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by aubrey048 »

(Sorry in advance for the double post)

My regional competition is on Saturday, so I'll need to know this fast:

Should I add info about the types of Muscular Dystrophy to my sheet? I don't know them all by heart, but I also don't have a whole lot of room left on my sheet to add info like this. (I am in the process of making it as we speak) Is this a necessary addition to my competition sheet?

Thanks...

prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by prelude to death »

Well, it is specified in the rules book, but I don't think that there shouldn't be too many questions on it, right? Basically, all of the practice tests that I've taken only ask to descirbe it or describe the symptoms or something like that, so . . . cram? I mean, you could re-read the stuff about the disease over and over again RIGHT before you go to take the test... or you could make up a little jingle to it if you can't remember. Otherwise, I'd put it on my cheat sheet, just in case. Maybe off to the side, in tiny handwritten words? (Like near the edges or the borders of the paper?)
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

I have it. It's come in handy on occasion.
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by aubrey048 »

Thanks guys :D

Therearemany1
Division: B
State: PA

Post by Therearemany1 »

For anatomy B do we really need to now in dept stuff? Like down to every little detail of the... oh say the cartilage types in the trachea
Eat Sleep Study

Return to “2011 Study Events”