Anatomy B/C

sweetgirl964
Division: B
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by sweetgirl964 »

Oh and 1 more thing, does anyone understand the concept of oxygen dislocation? Im confused on that topic also!
poparteeb2
Division: C
State: NY

Post by poparteeb2 »

Does anyone know who the proctor for Division B will be? :D
Regionals: 1st place Crime, 1st place Anatomy, 3rd place Experimental Design.
States: 1st Place Anatomy, 2nd Place Experimental Design, 6th Place Crime, 26th Place Powders *wince*
Nationals: 4th place Anatomy, 4th place Crime, 30th Powders *wince again*
Overall team ranking: 7th
dvd
Division: C
State: PA

Post by dvd »

sweetgirl964 wrote:Hey everyone! Does anyone think for division B muscular system we would need to know the cellular process of fermentation and glycolosis for nationals? The process involves biochemistry, which is why I'm confused on its importance. :?
Basically, I think you just need to know that fermentation and glycolysis are anaerobic pathways. The importance is that athletes use these two processes for short duration high intensity exercises, such as sprinting. You should know that glycolysis begins with glucose and ends in pyruvic acid, and you should know that there are two fermentation pathways- lactic acid and alcoholic (You don't need to know alcoholic fermentation for this event). Lactic acid fermentation results in the build up of lactic acid, a substance that causes cramps in athletes.
2011 Regional, States, National Events
Disease Detectives- N/A, 3rd, 9th
Anatomy- 1st, 2nd, 20th
Microbe Mission- 2nd, 3rd, 4th
WIDI- 1st, 2nd, 38th
Fossils- 2nd, N/A, N/A
Compute This- 4th, 4th, N/A
Team- 1st, 1st, 11th

Medal Count: 32
Moving on to C division
sweetgirl964

Post by sweetgirl964 »

Thank you! :D
sweetgirl964

Post by sweetgirl964 »

Hey there! Does anyone have any good tips on how to arrange the cheat sheet? Like which way would be more helpful in tests, because my sheet has too many words and I end up missing a few questions because of time as the issue.
sweetgirl964

Post by sweetgirl964 »

And one more thing... does anyone have any experience with taking last year's National test? It's my first year on varsity Science Olympiad, so I don't have much experience. I know muscular system was on last year also, so if someone could describe that section of the test for Nationals last year, that would be great! :D
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

sweetgirl964 wrote:Hey there! Does anyone have any good tips on how to arrange the cheat sheet? Like which way would be more helpful in tests, because my sheet has too many words and I end up missing a few questions because of time as the issue.
check page 19 for info on cheat sheets. Generally, you want small font, color-coding, and lots of diagrams. Also, if you need to post multiple times in a row, try the edit button.
sweetgirl964

Post by sweetgirl964 »

Thank you! :D
Arthur
State: PA

Post by Arthur »

sweetgirl964 wrote:And one more thing... does anyone have any experience with taking last year's National test? It's my first year on varsity Science Olympiad, so I don't have much experience. I know muscular system was on last year also, so if someone could describe that section of the test for Nationals last year, that would be great! :D
all i can remember, is that there were a couple stations with muscle labeling and one on muscular diseases.
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

sweetgirl964 wrote:And one more thing... does anyone have any experience with taking last year's National test? It's my first year on varsity Science Olympiad, so I don't have much experience. I know muscular system was on last year also, so if someone could describe that section of the test for Nationals last year, that would be great! :D
Well, I was in C division last year, but basically it was about a dozen stations or so with ID, diseases, and other information on each station. It was pretty run-of-the-mill, except at the end you could go to any stations you had problems with.

Return to “2011 Study Events”