Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by Kokonilly »

Sorry for the double post, but what needs to be added on to the wiki? I'm planning to do a massive notedump sometime soon (presumably after AP testing, but who knows) and I was wondering what people needed.

EDIT: I know many state competitions are over, but still.
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: AL

Post by aubrey048 »

Kokonilly wrote:Sorry for the double post, but what needs to be added on to the wiki? I'm planning to do a massive notedump sometime soon (presumably after AP testing, but who knows) and I was wondering what people needed.

The respiratory and endocrine pages both are pretty . . . lacking. Most of the info on the endocrine page I added myself, seeing as it was basically bare. I think we're awesome in muscular but need to concentrate on updating the others too. If I ever find time I'll try to notedump as well.
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
TheGenius
State: KS

Post by TheGenius »

aubrey048 wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:Sorry for the double post, but what needs to be added on to the wiki? I'm planning to do a massive notedump sometime soon (presumably after AP testing, but who knows) and I was wondering what people needed.

The respiratory and endocrine pages both are pretty . . . lacking. Most of the info on the endocrine page I added myself, seeing as it was basically bare. I think we're awesome in muscular but need to concentrate on updating the others too. If I ever find time I'll try to notedump as well.
What about those diagrams posted back on page sixteen? They seem reasonable useful.
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: AL

Post by aubrey048 »

TheGenius wrote:
aubrey048 wrote:

What about those diagrams posted back on page sixteen? They seem reasonable useful.

Hmm, is that a compliment from TheGenius? :shock: Haha

Actually, they are up on the Wiki already. http://scioly.org/wiki/Anatomy
The cheat sheet section.
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
TheGenius
State: KS

Post by TheGenius »

aubrey048 wrote: Actually, they are up on the Wiki already. http://scioly.org/wiki/Anatomy
The cheat sheet section.
Not that one. The ones on page sixteen:
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

dvd
State: PA

Post by dvd »

It seems that there are 3 different types of polio, but they can be classified into 2 different ways:

Type I, the Brunhidle strain
Type II, the Lansing strain
Type III, the Leon strain

and

Spinal, bulbar, bulbospinal.

Are these the same thing, or are they different, and if so is there any relation between them?
2011 Regional, States, National Events
Disease Detectives- N/A, 3rd, 9th
Anatomy- 1st, 2nd, 20th
Microbe Mission- 2nd, 3rd, 4th
WIDI- 1st, 2nd, 38th
Fossils- 2nd, N/A, N/A
Compute This- 4th, 4th, N/A
Team- 1st, 1st, 11th

Medal Count: 32
Moving on to C division
ptkid
State: TX

Post by ptkid »

TheGenius wrote:
aubrey048 wrote:

Whats page 16?
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by prelude to death »

ptkid wrote:Whats page 16?
Umm.... Page 16 of this thread thingy? :? If you go all the way back to page 16, there's some useful pictures of diagrams and stuff that TheGenius also posted on this page.
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
ptkid
State: TX

Post by ptkid »

At my regional (quite a bit ago) they asked us to label a cross section of hand or foot (they didn't tell us which) and they also told us to label the muscles and the tendon in the cross section. Has anybody else been given this before? :?: :?: :?:
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
mingtian
State: PA

Post by mingtian »

ptkid wrote:At my regional (quite a bit ago) they asked us to label a cross section of hand or foot (they didn't tell us which) and they also told us to label the muscles and the tendon in the cross section. Has anybody else been given this before? :?: :?: :?:
I was given a cross-section of a thigh.

Return to “2011 Study Events”