Page 47 of 50

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 9th, 2011, 12:26 pm
by geekychic13
I know te respiratory system is one of the systems this year, but what is the second one???

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 9th, 2011, 1:27 pm
by anatomy
The second system is probably digestive

But we dont know for sure till the rules come out

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 9th, 2011, 3:58 pm
by NYLHVSSO
We are pretty sure about that though . . . because it's on the national event list for 2012 (which NY state has released).
The problem with studying ahead of time is that we don't have much SciOly resources until the rules come out.

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 9th, 2011, 4:42 pm
by geekychic13
thanks :)
anatomy wrote:The second system is probably digestive

But we dont know for sure till the rules come out

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 10th, 2011, 3:23 pm
by geekychic13
hopefully it will be since i studied that a couple yrs ago...
maybe something will come back... :D
geekychic13 wrote:thanks :)
anatomy wrote:The second system is probably digestive

But we dont know for sure till the rules come out

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 10th, 2011, 3:52 pm
by anatomy
NY is correct, digestive is the new system next year, but studying ahead is hard considering you don't know what to study.

hmm, geekychic, i would advise to just get a college anatomy text book and start studying. Don't forget respiratory, it has been around longer, so it will be harder.

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 11th, 2011, 10:19 am
by geekychic13
yeah,i wasnt planning on studying ahead, since not al the stuff is posted yet, what you said, ect.,
thanks for the advice also. i did anatomy last yr, so this is my second yr doing it (and second year of s.o.), so i know a little about respiratory already, and for some reason unknown to all mankind, i studied the muscular system way more, and know it wa more, and i put more respiratory stuff in my notes than muscular because of it. so basically, i really know only like 1/4 of what i should for respiratory. :P
anatomy wrote:NY is correct, digestive is the new system next year, but studying ahead is hard considering you don't know what to study.

hmm, geekychic, i would advise to just get a college anatomy text book and start studying. Don't forget respiratory, it has been around longer, so it will be harder.

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 13th, 2011, 9:32 pm
by TheGenius
Where is the digestive system supposed to end and the excretory system begin? Everything I look at says that the excretory system is part of the digestive system.

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 14th, 2011, 5:35 am
by mingtian
TheGenius wrote:Where is the digestive system supposed to end and the excretory system begin? Everything I look at says that the excretory system is part of the digestive system.
Yes, me too. I guess it goes from the mouth to the anus then.

Re: Anatomy B/C

Posted: July 17th, 2011, 6:24 pm
by anatomy
mingtian wrote:
TheGenius wrote:Where is the digestive system supposed to end and the excretory system begin? Everything I look at says that the excretory system is part of the digestive system.
Yes, me too. I guess it goes from the mouth to the anus then.
yes, the digestive system pretty much covers all that.
We also don't know about the diseases till the rules come out, but two diseases I would study already are, peritonitis and appendicitis.
If you are doing the excretory system, remember the kidneys and the bladder are a huge part of it.
Other organs are skin and lungs.