Anatomy B/C

sogirl
Division: B
State: NM

Re: Anatomy B/C

Postby sogirl » October 10th, 2010, 5:43 pm

http://scioly.org/wiki/Anatomy/Muscular has some basic info. The Anatomy page on SOinc.org has several useful sources. The University of Minnesota site is good for learning identification of muscles, if you want to approach it that way. I always find a good textbook to be the most useful. If you get specific questions, google them, or read wikipedia articles on the topic.
Thank you!
Planned 2011 events- Junk Yard Challenge and Anatomy :)

sogirl
State: NM

Postby sogirl » October 16th, 2010, 1:05 pm

http://www.purposegames.com/game/2b80ac09a1/info
there is a link for the Head and Neck Muscles 2011 B purpose game. I made it based on the 2011 Head and Neck Muscle list so it will help me study. I hope this helps...!
Planned 2011 events- Junk Yard Challenge and Anatomy :)

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA

Postby Kokonilly » October 16th, 2010, 2:58 pm

http://scioly.org/wiki/Anatomy/Muscular has some basic info. The Anatomy page on SOinc.org has several useful sources. The University of Minnesota site is good for learning identification of muscles, if you want to approach it that way. I always find a good textbook to be the most useful. If you get specific questions, google them, or read wikipedia articles on the topic.
Thank you!
Web MD and the Mayo Clinic are excellent with diseases and such; if you want specific muscles, you can easily find an anatomy SparkCharts-type thing to memorize. I do agree, though, that a high school or college-level anatomy textbook is by far the most helpful. If you want, you can also find an anatomy coloring book on Amazon or something similar (just look up 'anatomy coloring book' if you want one - I have one and it's really fun).

paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Postby paleonaps » October 16th, 2010, 5:11 pm

The anatomy coloring book gave me an excuse to color (something I love, even though I'm a teenager- I think it's because I like drawing, but can't color my drawings without ruining them) ad I got to say I was studying too!
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.

RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Postby RandomPerson » October 18th, 2010, 1:25 pm

RandomPerson is probably going to do that.
Sorry guys I've been really busy, and SO hasn't been such a priority now that our 2nd team (or well now Junior Varsity) has been restructured :( (huge mess don't talk about it here)
Still, I'll at least finish the Endocrine system, and I'll do my best to work on Respiratory after.
A new era has begun

stardream23
State: TX

Postby stardream23 » October 24th, 2010, 2:58 pm

I am new to anatomy for the B division i know that b division has to study muscular and respiratory but i am confused on what do we have to know before competition :|

pb+ellie
Division: C

Postby pb+ellie » November 1st, 2010, 1:53 pm

muscular was the majority of the test in my region last year, and i have yet to master studying for it. the people who say its just straight memorizing-do you think memorizing origins and insertions is easier, or just placement and figuring that out on the diagrams themselves? i think thats how ill be studying this year. :idea:
also, how in depth does everyone think respiratoyr will be? i mean, the diagrams im seeing even in college style notes look ridiculously simple! :!:
Anatomy: 12th
Forensics: 1st
Forestry: 13th

paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby paleonaps » November 2nd, 2010, 10:23 am

Prepare for the most complicated test that you can imagine.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.

tclme elmo
State: HI

Postby tclme elmo » November 2nd, 2010, 11:51 am

muscular was the majority of the test in my region last year, and i have yet to master studying for it. the people who say its just straight memorizing-do you think memorizing origins and insertions is easier, or just placement and figuring that out on the diagrams themselves? i think thats how ill be studying this year. :idea:
also, how in depth does everyone think respiratoyr will be? i mean, the diagrams im seeing even in college style notes look ridiculously simple! :!:
If you can, go for memorizing, I'd say. however, origin and insertion for all 50 muscles, was put onto our sheet.
Rustin Invitational - 1st
Solon Invitational - 8th
Regionals - 1st
States - 1st
Nationals - 11th

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Postby Kokonilly » November 5th, 2010, 8:52 am

If you can, go for memorizing, I'd say. however, origin and insertion for all 50 muscles, was put onto our sheet.
That's precisely what I did. I memorized where every muscle and bone for the test were (not too hard; it helps if you do it in relation to your own body or other people's - I went through a phase where I kept poking people and yelling out bone/muscle names and it helped a lot :3). We did include origin and insertion points on our sheet (there can be multiple), but if we couldn't find it for whatever reason, I knew where the general location was and we could kind of guess it from there.

Return to “2011 Study Events”