Page 21 of 21

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: June 2nd, 2011, 9:54 am
by robotman
Ok guys lets calm down a bit, no reason to be yelling at each other.
There is a thread for Water Quality and there is this thread.They are both technically Ecology and they are both going to be archived at the beginning of next season so there is really no difference between them in the long run. It was preferable to have two separate threads before nationals so that competitors wouldn't have to wade through a whole different topic while trying to get ready. Now that the season is over as long as one or both stay on some sort of topic there shouldn't be an issue.
So lets be civil and not let a small thing about thread titles lead to a flame war.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: June 2nd, 2011, 12:19 pm
by paleonaps
Well said, robotman.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 8th, 2011, 9:51 am
by XJcwolfyX
gneissisnice wrote:
XJcwolfyX wrote:It is not hard to talk on a different forum.


And it's not hard to restrain yourself from typing stuff and pressing the "submit" button, but you've been doing it anyway.

As we've said countless times, talk about Ecology if you want a discussion. If there aren't any discussions on Ecology and you don't start one, then how does it hurt that we're talking about Water Quality (in the thread of the event that's replacing Ecology next year,too)?

It's not your job to police the forums. We have moderators for that and it seems that none of them have a problem.

Enough is enough. Stop butting in and complaining, it's getting very old. If you want to talk about Ecology, start a conversation. If not, we'll continue talking about Ecology's replacement for next year.


Whatever, I do what I want.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 11th, 2011, 11:56 am
by geekychic13
i wish that they weren't replacing ecology with water dynamics, and i also find it kinda unneccesary, since its pretty much included in ecology already, and ecology is kind of a more broader view on everything, and water, well, you just do water. it's kind of like CJAP, but you study water, not powder. im not sure if its a written test or not, but if it includes water testing, then it should replace a lab event, not a study one (but not optics, disease detectives, or thermodynamics, because im doing those :D )

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 11th, 2011, 1:00 pm
by gneissisnice
geekychic13 wrote:i wish that they weren't replacing ecology with water dynamics, and i also find it kinda unneccesary, since its pretty much included in ecology already, and ecology is kind of a more broader view on everything, and water, well, you just do water. it's kind of like CJAP, but you study water, not powder. im not sure if its a written test or not, but if it includes water testing, then it should replace a lab event, not a study one (but not optics, disease detectives, or thermodynamics, because im doing those :D )


Read the past few pages because I don't feel like typing the same stuff for the umpteenth time.

It is in no way similar to Powders.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 12th, 2011, 8:04 am
by nerpas
gneissisnice wrote:
geekychic13 wrote:i wish that they weren't replacing ecology with water dynamics, and i also find it kinda unneccesary, since its pretty much included in ecology already, and ecology is kind of a more broader view on everything, and water, well, you just do water. it's kind of like CJAP, but you study water, not powder. im not sure if its a written test or not, but if it includes water testing, then it should replace a lab event, not a study one (but not optics, disease detectives, or thermodynamics, because im doing those :D )


Read the past few pages because I don't feel like typing the same stuff for the umpteenth time.

It is in no way similar to Powders.


Gneissisnice, I think geekychic's comparison between the two events was just that they both contained a lab portion.

However, I disagree with the idea that water quality is too specific of an event. (I might be wrong, but it seems like) Water Quality contains the ecology of freshwater biomes in addition to the lab portion. So really, the scope has been broadened. (Ecology PLUS new stuff)
Whether or not the new scope is good is a different issue... ;)

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 12th, 2011, 12:32 pm
by gneissisnice
nerpas wrote:
gneissisnice wrote:
geekychic13 wrote:i wish that they weren't replacing ecology with water dynamics, and i also find it kinda unneccesary, since its pretty much included in ecology already, and ecology is kind of a more broader view on everything, and water, well, you just do water. it's kind of like CJAP, but you study water, not powder. im not sure if its a written test or not, but if it includes water testing, then it should replace a lab event, not a study one (but not optics, disease detectives, or thermodynamics, because im doing those :D )


Read the past few pages because I don't feel like typing the same stuff for the umpteenth time.

It is in no way similar to Powders.


Gneissisnice, I think geekychic's comparison between the two events was just that they both contained a lab portion.

However, I disagree with the idea that water quality is too specific of an event. (I might be wrong, but it seems like) Water Quality contains the ecology of freshwater biomes in addition to the lab portion. So really, the scope has been broadened. (Ecology PLUS new stuff)
Whether or not the new scope is good is a different issue... ;)


Still, CJAP is 100% lab skills, with basically no specific knowledge involved, while Water Quality is primarily a study event with a small, trivial lab portion.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 12th, 2011, 2:02 pm
by anatomy
yes, Water quality is academic plus lab, while CJAP is just lab


and they are completely different, water quality doesn't have that much chemistry involved.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 12th, 2011, 2:12 pm
by geekychic13
this just goes to show how little I know :)

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 15th, 2011, 6:42 pm
by XJcwolfyX
Can someone explain to me what water quality is please?

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 16th, 2011, 6:44 am
by gneissisnice
XJcwolfyX wrote:Can someone explain to me what water quality is please?


Based on your previous posts, you're either trolling, or a huge hypocrite.

But if you actually do want to know, go back and read the posts you so vehemently argued against.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 16th, 2011, 5:48 pm
by mingtian
gneissisnice wrote:
XJcwolfyX wrote:Can someone explain to me what water quality is please?


Based on your previous posts, you're either trolling, or a huge hypocrite.

But if you actually do want to know, go back and read the posts you so vehemently argued against.

I'm guessing trolololololing.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 25th, 2011, 12:37 pm
by XJcwolfyX
You know what? Stop I am just trying to strike up a conversation now that it is summer, but I guess that it is a crime. Can you just explain to me what it is without the sarcastic tone? An I am not trolling, I am just irritated by everyone's ignorance on this forum.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: July 25th, 2011, 12:50 pm
by gneissisnice
XJcwolfyX wrote:You know what? Stop I am just trying to strike up a conversation now that it is summer, but I guess that it is a crime. Can you just explain to me what it is without the sarcastic tone? An I am not trolling, I am just irritated by everyone's ignorance on this forum.


You vehemently nagged and argued for the past several pages. We posted a lot of information about the event and you complained about it. And now you're asking for information that we already posted despite your whining. And you have the gall to be irritated by "everyone's" ignorance? Go back and read the posts that you so objected to.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: August 19th, 2011, 7:24 pm
by XJcwolfyX
Yeah but when you were talking about it, it was during the time between state and nationals. I had to focus on ecology, and you guys were taking up the space on the ECOLOGY forum. Now it is summer and no one has to worry about Ecology anymore therefore it is now ok to talk about Water Quality. Read a book. :P