Page 1 of 32

Ecology B/C

Posted: July 9th, 2010, 7:23 pm
by Jim_R
Discussion for Ecology B/C.
Ecology Wiki
2010 Thread

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: August 15th, 2010, 8:36 am
by paleonaps
So, Taiga and Tundra then.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: September 9th, 2010, 9:34 pm
by quizbowl
paleonaps95 wrote:So, Taiga and Tundra then.
Indeed, indeed.
for whomever has the rules, are there any significant changes?

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: September 9th, 2010, 9:49 pm
by amerikestrel
quizbowl13 wrote:
paleonaps95 wrote:So, Taiga and Tundra then.
Indeed, indeed.
for whomever has the rules, are there any significant changes?
Only that for regional and state competitions, general ecology questions should be mainly on local/regional ecology.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: September 10th, 2010, 6:43 am
by quizbowl
amerikestrel wrote:
quizbowl13 wrote:
paleonaps95 wrote:So, Taiga and Tundra then.
Indeed, indeed.
for whomever has the rules, are there any significant changes?
Only that for regional and state competitions, general ecology questions should be mainly on local/regional ecology.
we're still allowed a binder"?

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: September 10th, 2010, 7:35 am
by paleonaps
We were never allowed a binder to my knowledge.
And also, how does that work with the local thingy? We should focus on "local" taiga and tundra, or ignore them until nationals.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: September 10th, 2010, 7:44 am
by amerikestrel
paleonaps95 wrote:We were never allowed a binder to my knowledge.
And also, how does that work with the local thingy? We should focus on "local" taiga and tundra, or ignore them until nationals.
The general ecology part of the event should be local, not the biome part.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: September 10th, 2010, 7:46 am
by paleonaps
Got it. That makes much more sense, because only Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Minnesota, and Alaska would really stand a chance!

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: September 10th, 2010, 9:37 am
by quizbowl
paleonaps95 wrote:We were never allowed a binder to my knowledge.
And also, how does that work with the local thingy? We should focus on "local" taiga and tundra, or ignore them until nationals.
whoops. confusing this with somethin else.

Re: Ecology B/C

Posted: September 10th, 2010, 9:55 am
by paleonaps
We were allowed a notes sheet, though. Are we allowed that this year?